Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I’m new here

Hi there I’m new to the site and never really used forums but haven’t been able to find much support for adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse and wondered if anyone one here also is a survivor of this? I’ve only started to remember and talk about it so it’s still quite new to me.

best wishes

:)

Dear arabellachristie:

I'd like to welcome you to After Silence! 

I am sorry for what has brought you here, but I am glad you have   found us. It has really helped me to be here and I do not feel as if I am alone.  Everyone is so supportive!  Well done for reaching out to us.  I am sure that was difficult.  Please know that you can say as  much or as little as you want to.  You will never be alone in this journey...we are all behind you!

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please don't hesitate to respond to that PM if you have any questions.  We are here to help!

Take care - I am sending safe hugs!!! :hug:

Hi @Arabellachristie

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry about what happened to you when you were a child.  Please know that what happened was not your fault and that you did not deserve it. This site is a safe space and you will be able to find the support you need here.  There are many members here who are survivors of childhood sexual abuse and they are at different stages in their healing journey.  Everyone here on this site is happy and willing to support you in whatever way you need, whether that be offering advice, providing validation, or just letting you know that we are there for you. I hope you find this site as helpful as I do.  

Hi @Arabellachristie (what a beautiful name),

Welcome to AS. I am sorry to here about the childhood trauma that led you here.  Many of our survivors here were victims of CSA like you. I can’t imagine how difficult it is to go through life trying to hide that from others much less yourself. I do know it’s important to talk about it and to be heard supported and validated, your story matters! You’ve found a place full of survivors who are supportive kind and helpful. This was a huge step to join our site and monumental to post here, I applaud your courage and bravery.  It’s an honor to meet you and I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

BraveOne

Welcome to AS @Arabellachristie, sorry for what brought you here. No one especially I child should endure such trauma. It's courageous of you to join and reach out here. I hope you find you're not alone and feel supported and understood.

Wishing you all the best on your healing journey

17 hours ago, Arabellachristie said:

Hi there I’m new to the site and never really used forums but haven’t been able to find much support for adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse and wondered if anyone one here also is a survivor of this? I’ve only started to remember and talk about it so it’s still quite new to me.

best wishes

:)

Hi Arabellachristie,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you experienced CSA, but you will find our site full of understanding and supportive members. You are not alone. I am glad you have found us and wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi, @Arabellachristie - welcome to AS! 

I understand how hard it is to go through something like that, but I promise you’ve found the most supportive community there is :) 

If you ever need any help or someone to talk to, please reach out to me! I’m always here :notalone: 

Sending happy thoughts, 

Poppy

Edited by Poppy_

Welcome @Arabellachristie I am a survivor of CSA and there were never the level of supportive persons until I found AS.  Most were interested in research but never the end-to-end individualized listening to YOUR story.  If and when you come to a point of telling your story of trauma, you will have loads of genuine support.
 :supportu: 

It is difficult to open up and what you are doing is very brave indeed.  Should you need a chat partner, I see lots of offers here reaching out when you are ready!

WELCOME