Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just starting...

Hi all,

So I'm brand new to all of this and really need support. But a bit about me as a person because this isn't the place to explain what happened to me. I'm actually a mental health advocate professionally speaking (using my lived experience)...so I tend to eat, breath and live mental health. I also love photography and visual art (mostly abstract expressionism/modern art). I have a very cute dog and have a good support network for everything else besides what happened to me yesterday. I'm just really scared and don't know how to discuss this now that it hits home directly.

Edited by b...

Hi Alice, and welcome to AS! I’m sorry for what you’ve been through, but glad you’re here. AS is a very supportive site. :notalone:

Edited by MeBeMary

Hi Alice,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you so recently experienced. I am sure everything seems so fresh and raw right now. You have found a very supportive site tho, with many understanding and kind individuals. We know your struggles and your pain. You are not alone...and you will never be judged. Take your time to look around and get a feel for the place. You do not have to share anything you aren't comfortable with or ready for. Take your time, you will likely know when it is good to share. I wish you the very best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Edited by MeBeMary
On 7/1/2019 at 12:01 AM, MeBeMary said:

Hi Alice,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you so recently experienced. I am sure everything seems so fresh and raw right now. You have found a very supportive site tho, with many understanding and kind individuals. We know your struggles and your pain. You are not alone...and you will never be judged. Take your time to look around and get a feel for the place. You do not have to share anything you aren't comfortable with or ready for. Take your time, you will likely know when it is good to share. I wish you the very best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Thank you @MeBeMary. I really need to share my story, but have to wait until the 10 post count. I also don't want to spam the message board. I'm kinda a message board veteran from before FB...so I know how newbies can bug some people when they post too much too quickly. I'm just an anxious mess right now and can't speak to anybody in my life about what happened yesterday. My story will explain why.

Edited by MeBeMary

Dear Alice,

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! :hug:

Take care!

Edited by MeBeMary
On 7/1/2019 at 12:59 AM, missfrier said:

Dear Alice,

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! :hug:

Take care!

Thank you @missfrier . I appreciate the "safe hugs" lingo too. Back atcha. Though everything feels so unsafe now and I have to walk my dog soon and am scared to go out in the dark even though I live in the safest neighborhood in my city.

Edited by MeBeMary
46 minutes ago, b... said:

Thank you @missfrier . I appreciate the "safe hugs" lingo too. Back atcha. Though everything feels so unsafe now and I have to walk my dog soon and am scared to go out in the dark even though I live in the safest neighborhood in my city.

Aww.    Do you. Have torch  you could take with you  I'm glad your neighbour hood is safest.

So first post on any forum and instead of my intro yours felt like it needed a more immediate reply. First right now everything will feel all kinds of messed up, even replying to this is making me feel anxious as crap, but I am sending you the snuggliest of hugs, and if I could be there to walk with you, I would. I hope that you can take a few deep breaths push the panic and anxiety or whatever aside and show just how strong of a person you are and walk the dog even if it's to the end of the yard and back. Take a step and whenever you need it we will be here to walk with you.

2 hours ago, missfrier said:

Aww.    Do you. Have torch  you could take with you  I'm glad your neighbour hood is safest.

@missfrier I couldn't bring my flashlight cause that would have alerted my husband that something was a bit off about me. Luckily my neighborhood is well lite. But I waited a tad too long to walk my dog and she had a pee accident- at least she used my bathroom to have her accident in. Haha.

49 minutes ago, Nbed80 said:

So first post on any forum and instead of my intro yours felt like it needed a more immediate reply. First right now everything will feel all kinds of messed up, even replying to this is making me feel anxious as crap, but I am sending you the snuggliest of hugs, and if I could be there to walk with you, I would. I hope that you can take a few deep breaths push the panic and anxiety or whatever aside and show just how strong of a person you are and walk the dog even if it's to the end of the yard and back. Take a step and whenever you need it we will be here to walk with you.

Wow...thank you @Nbed80. No need to reply to any posts if it makes you feel anxious as crap. Take care of yourself first- ok...that's the mental health advocate in me coming out. But I'll take your care and concern. Everything is messed up and I'm so anxious even though I know I'm safe. I ran into a neighbor from another street, a man I don't really care for. I usually just say hi and continue on my way, but tonight I couldn't even look at him. He terrified me. I kept looking over my shoulder to make sure he was continuing towards his place. I'm officially messed up now. I wish I had a yard, but the yard belongs to my downstairs neighbors. Having a yard right now would be so helpful, but wouldn't help me push past any fears. Sending you lots of care and concern too.

1 hour ago, Nbed80 said:

Dear @Nbed80,

I saw your post embedded within this thread - let me take a moment to welcome you to After Silence, also.  I'm sorry for the suffering that brought you here, but I can assure you, we are a safe, non-judgmental and kind community.  I was also "anxious as crap" when I mad my first post, but I promise, you don't need to be. :)

Take your time to look around, read threads/forum, and post only if you feel ready and comfortable.  

I wish you comfort and healing.  

Gold Raindrops

Dear Alice,

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm so sorry for the experience that brought you here.  Please be safe and reach out to someone you trust if necessary.  

This is a kind and supportive community and you will find many supportive people who can relate to your experiences.  

You are not alone. :)  Take your time looking around and posting whenever you would like.

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

Edited by MeBeMary

Welcome to AS Alice, sorry to hear about your recent trauma that's brought you here. This is a non judgemental, understanding and supportive community. Take your time to feel comfortable and safe before posting.

Edited by MeBeMary

I posted part of my story in the stories section. I’m scared that you all will judge me after reading it.

4 minutes ago, missfrier said:

No one.  Will. Judge you  here I.Promise we are all here support you safe hugs 

Thank you @missfrier. However I’m not so sure with the details of how I got myself into the situation where I was assualted.

Aw. When im sorted. And done school run. If you. Like me to i will. Ready your story   I. Seen. In the share my story.  But no one will. Judge. You I promise

5 hours ago, missfrier said:

Aw. When im sorted. And done school run. If you. Like me to i will. Ready your story   I. Seen. In the share my story.  But no one will. Judge. You I promise

Thank you @missfrier. That would be nice.

Hi @Alice... just saw this post today I’ve been under the weather this week. First of all Welcome to AS! I am sorry for the recent trauma and wanted to say that is it takes a lot of bravery to reach out for support while going through all this and a great deal more as someone in the mental health field. Sitting with you and sending lots of support your way.

BraveOne

On 7/1/2019 at 2:23 AM, Nbed80 said:

Hi Nbed, 

i saw your first post was embedded within this post and wanted to take a moment to welcome you as well! I am sorry for the trauma that brought you here.  I can tell you are going to be fine here as this is a supportive place that it seems you fit right into. We have all been through something here so I feel it is important to say that you should take care of yourself if you feel uncomfortable with a post you don’t have to respond if a response will cause you any ill feelings.  Welcome again I am glad to see you feel comfortable enough to join in.

BraveOne