Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey everyone

cal

Hey everyone, 

I found AS last night while looking for somewhere online to share what happened to me and seek support because I really struggle to actually talk to anyone close to me and I'm sick of feeling alone. I'm 21 and currently working on my social work degree while also working 2 retail jobs to keep busy. I really look forward to finally being a part of a community whom understands what I'm going through. Anyways, that enough from me for now. Thank you for accepting me into this community and I hope everyone has a good day!

HI @cal

Welcome to AS! I am sorry for what happened to you and I know what it's like to struggle to talk to people about it. It is sometimes easier to talk in an anonymous place with others who have been through something similar and gets it. I hope that you will find the support you are seeking here in our community. It's definitely helped me with feeling isolated and I hope it does the same for you. I look forward to seeing you around the forums, take care

g

Hi @cal and welcome to AS! Though I am very sorry for the trauma you endured. You have found a safe supportive place to share freely. You are a brave courageous person to have joined our site much less put up your first post.  Your not alone, I tried to burry myself in work too after my trauma’s as well. It only made me angry at everyone everything and myself and I would release that anger at the drop of a hat.  Be gentle with yourself is an important tip a lot of people share here and it’s hard to do but practicing self care and self love is important to healing. Looking forward to seeing many more brave post from you around the forums.

BraveOne

14 hours ago, cal said:

Hey everyone, 

I found AS last night while looking for somewhere online to share what happened to me and seek support because I really struggle to actually talk to anyone close to me and I'm sick of feeling alone. I'm 21 and currently working on my social work degree while also working 2 retail jobs to keep busy. I really look forward to finally being a part of a community whom understands what I'm going through. Anyways, that enough from me for now. Thank you for accepting me into this community and I hope everyone has a good day!

Hi cal,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you have gone thru, but you have found a very supportive site. Our members are truly understanding and kind. You really are not alone. Take your time and look around. I wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi, @cal - 

Welcome to AS! You've definitely come to a great community of people that know and understand what you're going through. This site is so supportive! 

If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out! 

Safe hugs, 

Poppy

Edited by Poppy_

Welcome to AS @cal, I hope you'll find you're not alone with what you're going through. Take your time looking around the site, post when you feel comfortable and safe.

@cal Hopefully after you have read welcomes from others you will have a lessening sense of feeling alone or isolated.  It is very brave of you to post an intro and I am truly sorry for what has brought you here.  Perhaps a non-judgmental sense of community is what you require as you explore you own journey.  There are so many wonderful people here who aren't dismissive, denigrating or otherwise judgmental.  I hope you find a healing community with a commitment to getting you where you need to go.

Thanks for being brave with that first post.  It's hard.  Keep going -- I'll cheer you on!