Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I'm abby, and I'm newish.

So, I actually used to chat here a long time ago but I not only forgot the password I used, I forgot which email I was using at the time I joined.  Regardless, it has been a long time since I have been on this site so in a lot of ways, I am kind of new.  I'm not even sure who still is or is not here.  Anyway, I'm 34 years old, from California.  I work at a school, as a one-on-one for students who have special needs.  I am also working towards my bachelor's degree in math.  My ultimate goal is to be a math teacher for special needs kids.  I found AS the first time through a web search when I was looking for a support site.  Anyway, I've rambled long enough.  I Hope everyone has a great day!  Thank you! 

-Abby

7 hours ago, abnormalone2002 said:

So, I actually used to chat here a long time ago but I not only forgot the password I used, I forgot which email I was using at the time I joined.  Regardless, it has been a long time since I have been on this site so in a lot of ways, I am kind of new.  I'm not even sure who still is or is not here.  Anyway, I'm 34 years old, from California.  I work at a school, as a one-on-one for students who have special needs.  I am also working towards my bachelor's degree in math.  My ultimate goal is to be a math teacher for special needs kids.  I found AS the first time through a web search when I was looking for a support site.  Anyway, I've rambled long enough.  I Hope everyone has a great day!  Thank you! 

-Abby

Hi welcome to as :wave:

Hi @abnormalone2002 - Welcome (back) to AS!  You'll soon see that there are many new 'faces' as well as some old, familiar ones and that we've changed a little bit in recent years - but we're still the same kind, supportive, and loving community you likely remember. :) Our chat room isn't working at the moment but we're hoping that it will be up and running soon.  In the meantime, please do take your time to look around and re-familiarize yourself with our forums.  

Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself.  Those special-needs children are truly fortunate to have people like you, who are willing to go that extra yard and who are truly looking after them and trying to help them to succeed!  Good for you.  I wish you happiness and success with your career goals!

Again, welcome back!  Lean on us for support anytime you like.

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi Abby, welcome back to AS. Glad to have someone else my age around here! I am in school too studying to get my Bachelors in behavioral health science I hope to follow up with a masters so that I can be a therapist.  I  am actually kind of scared of when I get to my math classes perhaps you can help me out when the time comes.  Anyways glad you have come back see you around the forums.

BraveOne

Hi Abby,

Welcome back to AS :wave: I hope you find the support you need here.

I`m also back  in school after many years , doing a masters in psychology :)  good luck with your studies and feel free to reach out here any time!

On 6/28/2019 at 2:12 AM, abnormalone2002 said:

-Abby

Hi Abby,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have a need to return, but glad you remembered the support, kindness, and understanding this site brings. I have seen many members return after short and long hiatuses, so it does happen. Names and faces may have changed some, but otherwise it is still a great place. I always admire those who chose to give back in some ways, and teachers are at the top of my list. Special needs teachers, well... :clap: :bow:   I am sure many children and parents will be grateful to have someone like you among their mist. I wish you the best in your studies and for your continuing journey in healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu: Back! 

Hi, Abby:  

Welcome back to AS. I'm new to the site and thought I would say hello. 

I wanted to commend you for your work with special needs kids. I  do volunteer work as a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate or CASA). It's a national organization. I recently worked with a youth who was a special needs student. I love mentoring  children...been a CASA for 12+ years. The kids you work with are lucky to have you. 

Hope49