Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New friends

Hi Everyone , I newly came here , and I wish I could make up friends to talk to . Nobody in my environment is really open to the subject , and it is really causing much more pain . I just want to be able to talk about anything without being judged or treaded like a dramatic person who comes up constantly with the same subject.  It's just frustrating to realise how everyone wants you to be fine , yet ignore that you need to talk in order to heal.  They just want to hear that you're fine and that you don't complain.  

Welcome @Sunshinecomfort to a place of new friends who do understand and know what you are talking about, and who will not expect you to just be over it or stop mentioning it.  I look forward to seeing you around the boards whenever you are ready.  :notalone:

Hi Sunshinecomfort,

Welcom to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced and the struggles you face. I am sorry that you have nobody that understands what you are dealing with. It is not dramatic to struggle and want healing. I am glad that you have found us because you will find understanding and support. Take a look around and you will see that others do share the same struggles and feelings. You are not alone. I am glad you have found us and wish you the very best in your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome to AS @Sunshinecomfort, you've found a kind, caring, supportive and non judgmental community. Take your time looking around and post when you feel comfortable and safe. I hope you find what you're looking for to help you heal.

Dear @Sunshinecomfort,

I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here...and for the secondary trauma that comes when it feels like people don't understand or know how to deal with our experiences.  There are many of us here who know about that and we are here to talk and support each other any time.  

I hope you find some peace and comfort.

Gold Raindrops

14 hours ago, Sunshinecomfort said:

Hi Everyone , I newly came here , and I wish I could make up friends to talk to . Nobody in my environment is really open to the subject , and it is really causing much more pain . I just want to be able to talk about anything without being judged or treaded like a dramatic person who comes up constantly with the same subject.  It's just frustrating to realise how everyone wants you to be fine , yet ignore that you need to talk in order to heal.  They just want to hear that you're fine and that you don't complain.  

Hey welcome to as, I know that feeling all too well , I'm happy to listen if you wanna talk.

safe hugs :hug: 

Hi @Sunshinecomfort welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but you have found a safe place to talk about it and process through it.  I sort of know the feeling of everyone wanting me to be fine but no one wanting to listen and have conversation with me about it.  You are not alone and the fact that you are reaching out and trying other venues says a lot about who you are as a person.  I believe in you and I know that you will heal it just takes time.

BraveOne