Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Keeping the Silence

Hi my name Katherine. Just joined early this morning. Still having trouble sleeping. I fight my sleep because I’m afraid to close my eyes. I’m always on guard and very tense. I can’t relax fearing he might come back again. I’m a survivor of 32 years and counting. That’s all I feel like I can share.

I'm sorry.  U going through. This I can relate to. This  u are safe here please keep reaching out. Here or support. We are with. U all the way. Ur not alone in this journey  we here to support. You .safe hugs 

Welcome to After Silence, @Soccergirl81 - 

Katherine, I'm sorry to learn you are a long-time survivor of trauma and that you are having trouble sleeping.  You have found a very safe community and there is never going to be a shortage of support from others.  You're not alone!  

Please don't worry about sharing too much at once - that is not encouraged nor pushed, here. :)  We would rather you take your time and become familiar with the way the site works and with other members, first.  We look forward to getting to know you, whenever you are comfortable!

A Newbie Support Team member will be sending you an official welcome message, shortly.  Until then, please know that if you need any help or have any questions about the site, I am just a shout away.

Again, welcome. :)  We are happy to have you.

Best wishes,
Capulet

7 hours ago, Soccergirl81 said:

Hi my name Katherine. Just joined early this morning. Still having trouble sleeping. I fight my sleep because I’m afraid to close my eyes. I’m always on guard and very tense. I can’t relax fearing he might come back again. I’m a survivor of 32 years and counting. That’s all I feel like I can share.

Dear Katherine/Soccergirl81,

I'm so sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but it was brave of you to reach out to us and take this step on your healing journey.  Many of us understand and can relate to the feelings you are describing.  

Take your time looking around, reading our forums and posting whenever you feel you want to.

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

On 6/15/2019 at 10:53 AM, Soccergirl81 said:

Hi Katherine,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you endured trauma and still struggle with the effects it has caused. It is not fair, but you are not alone. Many of these struggles you face are unfortunately normal for survivors and many of us here can relate to them. Take your time and look around. Share what you want when you are ready. There is no rush or judgment.  You've already shown courage by reaching out. We are here for you when you are ready. I wish you the very best as you continue down this path we call healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Katherine: 

I'm Hope. 

I  am new to the site. Just joined a few days ago. I found it inspiring and would like to commend you for being a survivor of 32 years. That gives me a sense of hope. 

I can relate to the sleep issue. When I have the same problem, I've read in self-help books that it  can help to "ground" yourself. This means I look around my condo,  I see things in real  time, I talk to myself and tell myself I am safe. I hope this strategy can work for you, too. 

Hope you have a good week and Happy 4th of July.