Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, everyone! I'm new here. I've decided to join AS in the hopes of coming to terms with events that happened a long time ago. The memories have been haunting me lately, so I guess it's finally time to figure things out.

Ps: I speak English as a second language, so please don't mind any mistakes

Hi @Violet_Jenn and welcome to AS! I’m sorry for what happened to you, but glad you’re here. AS is a supportive site with friendly members. I also joined to deal with things that have happened in my past and it’s helped me a lot. :aswelcomesu:

Welcome. I am new here as well. I love your name, btw. My heart goes out to you. Can I ask..is there something that happened that caused the memories to return? I know when I found out about my husband's affairs, all of my childhood memories came rushing in. Things I had shoved deep down.

6 hours ago, Violet_Jenn said:

Hi, everyone! I'm new here. I've decided to join AS in the hopes of coming to terms with events that happened a long time ago. The memories have been haunting me lately, so I guess it's finally time to figure things out.

Ps: I speak English as a second language, so please don't mind any mistakes

Hi violet_Jenn,

welcome to AS!  please do not worry about language or mistakes we are all expressing ourselves the best we can here:)  I am sorry the memories have been haunting you lately, I hope that being here in a supportive community will help you come to terms with past events.  I am sorry for the trauma that led you here but wish you all the best in your healing,

g

Hi Violet_Jenn,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you endured long ago and am sorry memories have been triggered. It isn't fair to experience abuse and then deal with the struggles long after. You have found a very supportive site with many understanding members. We have members from all over the world, so do not fret on any translation issues. I am glad you have found us and wish you nothing but the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Dear @Violet_Jenn,

I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but this is a supportive and kind community full of people here to support each other.  

Take your time looking around and post whenever you feel you'd like.  We all know what it's like to have difficult memories.  

Sending positive thoughts your way,

Gold Raindrops

On 10/06/2019 at 4:01 PM, SufferingAlone79 said:

Welcome. I am new here as well. I love your name, btw. My heart goes out to you. Can I ask..is there something that happened that caused the memories to return? I know when I found out about my husband's affairs, all of my childhood memories came rushing in. Things I had shoved deep down.

Thanks for asking. I'm not sure. Probably because I reunited with some people that were good friends at the time, and it stirred up memories from then