Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello :)

Hi...

I was an active member about 10 years ago, but I couldn't tell you what my username was because I honestly don't remember! I've also gotten a new email address since then and have no way of figuring it out. So alas, here I am. Still trudging that road, still figuring things out, but in a *very* different place in my life.

Moon

Hi moongoddess,

Welcome back to the site. I am very sorry you have reasons to return, but am glad you remembered the site (if not your user information). This still is a very supportive site with many kind and understanding members. Healing is a very winding road, to say the least, isn't it? Many of the members may be new to you, but we still all a good bunch. I wish you the best on your continuing journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome, @moongoddess - glad to hear that you're still continuing down the path to healing - that's always hard to do, but you're doing it - that's what matters!!! :)  I'd love to hear how things are different for you now as I am also looking at things from a different perspective these days as opposed to two decades ago.  

Take good care, and welcome back.  As Mary has said, you'll run into many new faces, but we're still the same supportive community! :)

Best wishes,
Capulet

Thank you both!

@MeBeMary I appreciate your kind words :) Healing is indeed quite the winding road. I was 14/15 years old when I first discovered this site, and it honestly kept me going through some of my darkest years. Now here I am, safe from what I was then experiencing. It's wild to think about that young girl and I'm grateful to say that things got better.

@Capulet Things have gotten much better for me. I moved far away from my abuser and began a healing process I didn't know was possible. Things come up, I live a life with PTSD, and sometimes it's hard to leave my house (okay, that is happening more frequently right now which is why I'm back here), but overall my life has improved. I'm able to see life through a lens of possibility rather than survival. Hope you are well! I totally think I remember your username!

Moon

@moongoddess - I'm well - thank you so much for asking!  :hug:Sending safe hugs, if you want them!

Maybe!!! :)  I'm a longtime member. I did take a hiatus for a while before coming back.  I don't think there is any limit to the support you can gain from being here, so I'm glad you came back when you felt you needed to.  There is nothing wrong with needing the extra connection - especially when you know you can count on there being someone on the other end who is in the same boat.  You are always welcome.

Very glad you are away from your abuser.  The distance does make all the difference in the world!  It's good to know you are safe now and that you're not contending with any physical threats!

Hoping your weekend is going well.  If you need anything, I'm just a shout away. :)

- Cap

Hi moongoddess welcome. Back.    I'm glad. Things have got better for You and you moved away from Ur abuser PTSD sucks. Always here. If u need a chat. Safe. Hugs 

Dear @moongoddess,

Welcome back.  I am glad you're seeing improvement and healing as the years go by.  There are many wonderful people on this site who are here to support and offer help to each other.  I'm glad you found us again.

Sending healing thoughts your way,

Gold Raindrops