Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, new here

Hi, 

I've been working on my healing for a while now, but my PTSD reached new levels last fall and now my marriage is in trouble. I've been staying with a friend, and every day feels like a different kind of battle: to keep going, to take care of myself, to eat, to smile, to sit with uncertainty without running or fighting. I have learned all kinds of coping skills, but sometimes it feels like they all leave me and all I can think about is how much it hurts. I have friends who know, friends with trauma, but none that are married or in a committed relationship.  I'm hoping to find some people here who understand. Everyone seems so caring and supportive, so I'm glad to have found this place. 

@Here2Heal Welcome to AS!  I'm sorry you are in a difficult phase with your healing and a resurgence of PTSD.  Having a primary relationship in distress is challenging even without PTSD, and I can understand why your emergency responses are back in full force.  I'm glad you have a friend to stay with, and you are right that this is a caring a supportive community, so I hope it can help provide you with some more support right now to help you through.

Hello @Here2Heal - welcome to After Silence!!!  

We are glad to have you among us, too.  I'm very sorry to hear of the circumstances leading you to our community - and also what you're going through right now.   I am, however, hopeful that being here will help you to feel a little bit less alone as you deal with the rest of it...self-care is so, very, incredibly important and we all forget to do it from time to time.  Perfectly normal.  

You will be hearing from a member of our Newbie Support Team shortly, but until then, if you have any questions or need help with anything, I am just a PM away.  

Wishing you all the best as you begin your next healing stages.

- Capulet

Dear @Here2Heal

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry for the suffering that has brought you here, but I can assure you, you are not alone.  There are many kind and supportive people here who understand what it is like.  

I'm glad you took the brave step of reaching out to us.  

Wishing you blessings and healing,

Gold Raindrops

Good morning, i am sorry that you are going through all this. PTSD sucks and it isn't fun to deal with. I can relate with the past getting in the way with a relationship. I am currently in a relationship and i am having a hard time being there for her and putting her first. My head keeps getting away and allowing the past to push away. If you want to ever reach out to me i am always here to listen, you can private message me anytime. 

20 hours ago, Here2Heal said:

Hi, 

I've been working on my healing for a while now, but my PTSD reached new levels last fall and now my marriage is in trouble. I've been staying with a friend, and every day feels like a different kind of battle: to keep going, to take care of myself, to eat, to smile, to sit with uncertainty without running or fighting. I have learned all kinds of coping skills, but sometimes it feels like they all leave me and all I can think about is how much it hurts. I have friends who know, friends with trauma, but none that are married or in a committed relationship.  I'm hoping to find some people here who understand. Everyone seems so caring and supportive, so I'm glad to have found this place. 

Hi Here2Heal,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured, the struggles you face, and the difficulties it has causes on your marriage. Many times non-survivors simply do not understand the path we walk. I hope you know none of this is your fault.  It is unfair that you need to deal with any of this. I am glad you decided to reach out. Tho unmarried myself, your will find others who are and we all understand the variety of struggles that you face. I wish you the very best as you walk on this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: