Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Greetings...

Hello,

This is my first time posting on a forum in general. I’ve been on for a few days, just reading. I’m not sure what I’m hoping to find but I’m here now. I suppose I should share some general information.

I have three cats. The oldest is my baby and my favorite. The other two were practically dumped on me. The youngest cat has his own trauma he lived through. They’re all very happy and active cats now. I work full time, somehow. I used to play a lot of games. I used to like working out, coloring and writing. I used to like hanging with friends. Now I like sleeping and being left alone. I watch a lot of youtube and some anime to pass the time. 

I’m looking forward to my stay here in AS. Thanks for reading.

HI, @Chise - welcome to AS, from one cat lover to another.  I have five in my feline crew - the eldest is soon 16, the youngest is almost 4 months old.  They have a way of providing such comfort, I can't see myself NOT having a cat! :)

I'm glad you're taking your time to look around and explore the site.  I am sorry that you have reason to be among us, but we're truly a loving, accepting, supportive bunch and look forward to hearing more about you and getting to know you further when you're ready. :)  You're never under any obligation to share more than you're prepared to - so continue to browse at your own pace.  We're not going anywhere. 

Again - welcome.

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hello @Chise,

Welcome to AS!

I am sorry for the trauma that brought you here, and it sounds like you are having a tough time and have lost interest in a lot of things you used to do. I think many people here can relate to that feeling, you are not alone!  I hope that being here will be a support to you and help in some ways. You can just 'be however you are' here. 

g

6 hours ago, Chise said:

Hello,

This is my first time posting on a forum in general. I’ve been on for a few days, just reading. I’m not sure what I’m hoping to find but I’m here now. I suppose I should share some general information.

I have three cats. The oldest is my baby and my favorite. The other two were practically dumped on me. The youngest cat has his own trauma he lived through. They’re all very happy and active cats now. I work full time, somehow. I used to play a lot of games. I used to like working out, coloring and writing. I used to like hanging with friends. Now I like sleeping and being left alone. I watch a lot of youtube and some anime to pass the time. 

I’m looking forward to my stay here in AS. Thanks for reading.

Hi Chise,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you went thru, but you have found a supportive community with many understanding members. Reading is an excellent way to start. You will never be pressured to rush into sharing and never be judged when you do share. I took much time myself, when I started here 4 years ago. I am a cat person, too. I'm only allowed one in my condo, but she is my little sweetheart. I do understand losing interest in things and hope that your journey of healing takes you to a much easier place.

Mary

:notalone: