Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Not Sure What To Do.

neuroru

My name is Ruthy and I was raped 4 years ago. I also have bipolar disorder, it was very severe at the time I was raped, so I withdrew in a deep depression and never reported it. Four years later and I still don't know how to deal with it. I've only told a few people, but no one has been able to help me. I have flashbacks and nightmares, and I still have a difficult time trusting people. This is eating me alive inside, does anyone have any advice as to what I should do next?

((((Ruthy))))

I'm glad you posted honey and introduced yourself to the board. I am sure that you will find many that understand how you are feeling and everyone here to be very wonderful.

Feel free to check out the other forums throughout the board and know that we are all here for you.

Welcome to After Silence. :)

:hug:

Donna =)

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

As to what to do, no one can make that decision for you.

But, in the time I've been here, I have found some wonderful and understanding people. Believe me, they make great listeners.

Lots of love and hugs

Selene

Hi Ruthy, welcome to After Silence :hug:

Flashbacks and nightmares are horrible, I'm sorry to hear you experience those. Talking to other survivors, or anyone understanding, can be really helpful. I have also found counselling makes a big difference.

I hope After Silence provides some of the support you need hun. Take care and hope to see you around :hug:

Love, Meg xx

Hi Ruthy, dealing with bipolar on top of nightmares and flashbacks is a horrible thing, but I've been there too. I also have bipolar. As do a few others here, I'm sure. The people here will guide you along. This is a truly wonderful group of people! Counselling helps, but you have to be open to it. I was not, when I tried. But I think I'm ready now. Just remember, you're not alone.

Welcome to AS

Kelly