Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,

I have been looking for some kind of social support for months. I have not been able to find anything, until last night, I came across this site. I hope connecting with people will help me.

A little about myself: I am a graduate student, I have two Pomeranians, I like going for walks, and I like to remake furniture.

I look forward to talking with others.

Hi Lynnamoncinnamon,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have reasons to seek out a support site like ours, but you have found a good one. We have tons of supportive and understanding members here. Take your time to look around and jump in when you are ready. Do know you aren't alone in this. I wish you nothing but the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi @Lynnamoncinnamon - welcome to After Silence!!!  I'm glad you have found this safe space to gain online/social support.  This is a truly loving and kind community and I am hopeful that you'll fit right in.  

Thanks for telling us a little about you...looking forward to learning more through your posts!  

Take your time looking around and feel free to post when you are ready. :)

Best wishes,
Capulet

Welcome!  I'm sorry for your trauma, but glad you have found this site.  It is very friendly and supportive.  :notalone:

Hi. I’m new too. It really sucks that you have been looking for support for months. I am in the same boat as you. 

When you let out something that you’ve held in for so long, you need love and support around you to know you are not alone in dealing with these difficult emotions.

I hope AS can help us both.

love

Elle x

On 5/19/2019 at 10:23 PM, Lynnamoncinnamon said:

Hello Everyone,

I have been looking for some kind of social support for months. I have not been able to find anything, until last night, I came across this site. I hope connecting with people will help me.

A little about myself: I am a graduate student, I have two Pomeranians, I like going for walks, and I like to remake furniture.

I look forward to talking with others.

Hi and welcome to AS! Great to have you here even though I am sorry for the trauma that brought you here.  I also have a dog a golden retriever she helps me to feel safe at home.  I was actually thinking about having a rocking chair that was handed down to me from my Grandma refurbished today while I was out on a long walk with my dog.  Anyways as others have said this is a supportive place full of kind caring individuals that will cry with you laugh with you and support you along your healing journey.

BraveOne

1 hour ago, BraveOne said:

Hi and welcome to AS! Great to have you here even though I am sorry for the trauma that brought you here.  I also have a dog a golden retriever she helps me to feel safe at home.  I was actually thinking about having a rocking chair that was handed down to me from my Grandma refurbished today while I was out on a long walk with my dog.  Anyways as others have said this is a supportive place full of kind caring individuals that will cry with you laugh with you and support you along your healing journey.

BraveOne

Thank you for welcoming me. I really look forward to being able to chat with everyone. To find support and to also be supportive.

You should get the rocking chair refurbished, I love older furniture so much more than new furniture, I just think it has so much more character.