Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey everyone

Hey everyone. I found this site purely by chance (if you believe in chance lol).  I have been trying to live as if nothing ever happened, but that only works so long. Recently I have been in a good place mentally and my T started helping me work through everything. I was not prepared for the emotions that have been with me since my last appointment. I decided to see if there was anywhere, in person or online, where people understood...and I found AS. I am so happy to not be alone. 

I am a mother of 4 amazing kids and live in the USA

Hi Riinee,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what brings you here, but do know that this is a very supportive site. Our members are truly understanding and kind. Be either by chance or fate, I am glad you have found us. I am sorry that your were recently triggered by working thru things with your T. Sometimes it seems to be more difficult before better. Take your time and look around the site. When you are ready, feel free to jump in. I do wish you nothing but the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

2 hours ago, Riinee said:

Hey everyone. I found this site purely by chance (if you believe in chance lol).  I have been trying to live as if nothing ever happened, but that only works so long. Recently I have been in a good place mentally and my T started helping me work through everything. I was not prepared for the emotions that have been with me since my last appointment. I decided to see if there was anywhere, in person or online, where people understood...and I found AS. I am so happy to not be alone. 

Hi Riinee, 

great you found us here. Yeah, speaking out can be a excellent help. And yeah, you are not alone. A warm, kind welcome from me to you. 

Greetings,

S..A.I.

:notalone:

Edited by S.A.I.
14 hours ago, Riinee said:

Hello and welcome to AS!

I am glad you found our site. I can understand the feeling of lots of emotions when you first start T, it was tough in the beginning for me too.  It takes some time to process everything, but later on, I look back and realize it's better than it was. I hope that you will find this a supportive community where people 'get it' and hear you, as I have.

best wishes

g

On 2019-05-18 at 6:45 AM, Riinee said:

Welcome to the site! 

Good thing you've decided to join us, here you'll find support for any topic you could think about related to SA, relationships, feeling better, process trauma and much more!

I found AS by chance as well, just a few months ago, when I was super low. This site provides some really useful and mind changing content. 

I wish you a nice experience. 

Here on AS we give away safe hugs. It's a thing. Want one? :hug:

3 hours ago, WannaMoveOn said:

Welcome to the site! 

Good thing you've decided to join us, here you'll find support for any topic you could think about related to SA, relationships, feeling better, process trauma and much more!

I found AS by chance as well, just a few months ago, when I was super low. This site provides some really useful and mind changing content. 

I wish you a nice experience. 

Here on AS we give away safe hugs. It's a thing. Want one? :hug:

I would love one. It is nice to know you are not alone. I mean I know there are tons of people who have been affected by SA, but it isn't talked about so you feel so alone. I hate that everyone here has experienced something, but I am glad to have found  a community 

7 hours ago, Riinee said:

I would love one. It is nice to know you are not alone. I mean I know there are tons of people who have been affected by SA, but it isn't talked about so you feel so alone. I hate that everyone here has experienced something, but I am glad to have found  a community 

Yes, the reason why we all are here is sad, but we got each other's backs! 

Dear @Riinee,

I'm sorry for the traumas that have brought you here, but I can assure you you've found a kind and supportive community full of people who can relate to what you are going through.  

Many of us know about the challenges that come with therapy and healing in general.

Best wishes to you on your healing journey,

Gold Raindrops

10 minutes ago, goldraindrops said:

Dear @Riinee,

I'm sorry for the traumas that have brought you here, but I can assure you you've found a kind and supportive community full of people who can relate to what you are going through.  

Many of us know about the challenges that come with therapy and healing in general.

Best wishes to you on your healing journey,

Gold Raindrops

Thank you