Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi back again

Hi,

Ive joined this forum for the second time after a few years break due to a second sexual assault (different perpetrator.) 

Struggling with confusion as my reaction and feelings about the more recent incident differ massively from the previous one. 

Looking to chat to people with similar experiences.

Im 25 and from the North of England :)

Rosie x

Hi Rosie,

Welcome back to the site. I am sorry that you have experienced traumas and find yourself struggling. I am glad tho, you remembered this as a supportive community. I do believe you can struggle differently with different traumas and abusers, tho I am sorry you experienced either. I wish you the best as you continue your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

3 hours ago, Rosie2019 said:

Hi,

Ive joined this forum for the second time after a few years break due to a second sexual assault (different perpetrator.) 

Struggling with confusion as my reaction and feelings about the more recent incident differ massively from the previous one. 

Looking to chat to people with similar experiences.

Im 25 and from the North of England :)

Rosie x

Hi Rosie,

I am so sorry to hear you were assaulted a second time! It is not unusual to have a different set of feelings and reactions to a different assault, I've experienced that as well. I hope that you will find once again that this is a supportive place to feel heard.

Dear @Rosie2019,

I'm so sorry for what you've been through.  I can assure you that this is a kind and supportive community full of people who understand what you've had to endure.  

I wish you peace and healing,

Gold Raindrops