Hello my name is Trisha, I was in an abusive relationship for 5 years with an alcoholic. Toward the end she abused me almost everyday. It got to the point where I was always scared  I left her back in August and seeked counseling. My councillor was wonderful and i learned alot from her. However, i still feel myself daydreaming of the past and getting angry.  I am just reaching out to know that i am not alone. 

You are definitely not alone @Trisha Templeton - welcome to After Silence.  I'm so sorry to learn you have reason to be here, but am hopeful that you'll find that you've discovered a truly safe place where there's never a shortage of support.

Sending you healing vibes and well wishes.  Welcome!

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hello @Trisha Templeton,

Welcome to AS! I am sorry to hear you were in an abusive relationship, and I'm glad you found the courage to leave, it is not easy when you are scared. You have found a supportive community here and I hope you will feel less alone.  I wish you all the best in your healing,

g

people keep trying to tell me to not dwell on the past. It's not easy, because everything around me reminds me of the very fact that everything has been going wrong for over 10 years, and then when I think of where I was at roughly 10 years ago it's still no better as that's when my dad started doing drugs and ruining his life. What was life like before that? Living with a woman who hated me for reasons I still don't fully understand while my dad worked all day.

So thinking about anything that happened before today is meaningless. It leads to constant negativity. Although I must admit it's hard moving forward when there is no forward...... Right now I'm just glad I still have a family that cares about me.

On 5/10/2019 at 2:26 PM, Trisha Templeton said:

Hello my name is Trisha, I was in an abusive relationship for 5 years with an alcoholic. Toward the end she abused me almost everyday. It got to the point where I was always scared  I left her back in August and seeked counseling. My councillor was wonderful and i learned alot from her. However, i still feel myself daydreaming of the past and getting angry.  I am just reaching out to know that i am not alone. 

Hi Trisha,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but do know this is a supportive site. You definitely are not alone. We have many understanding and kind members. Wishing you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hello and welcome to AS @Trisha Templeton,

You are not alone, lots of us struggle after abuse. One positive thing I can say is that you reached out for help.  That is a huge step that can be very hard for some.  It is even very brave of you to join our site for support.  I hope that you find this site as I do supportive and a place to find hope of a better tomorrow.

BraveOne

Dear @Trisha Templeton,

I'm sorry for the trauma that has brought you to us, but know that you've found a safe and supportive community full of people here to support each other.  

Feel free to take your time looking around and posting when you feel comfortable.  

Wishing you the best,

Gold Raindrops