Due to recent upgrades, After Silence will no longer work on Internet Explorer. Please use Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari. ×
New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Hello

Hi, I've never posted on a forum before about my past abuse and I'm glad I found this site.  I'm learning and struggling with being open about it and I am looking for support.   I hope that one day, I will finally and truly be heal from it.

Hi 1444Fireflies,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured, but please be assured, you have found a very supportive site. We have great members who are understanding and kind. Take your time to look around, and when you are comfortable, feel free to interact. I am glad that you have found us and wish you nothing but the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Dear @1444Fireflies,

I'm sorry that you have a reason to be here, but welcome and I wish you the best on your healing journey.  I think you'll find many people here who can relate to your struggle and understand what you're going through.

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

Hi @1444Fireflies and @selinacantrell That first post can be intimidating but you'll see the support teams are spectacular at welcoming you to AS.  Glad you are here and for your trauma I am sorry what you've been through.  You are in the right place with the right people to guide you where you want to go.

@1444Fireflies - a hearty welcome to After Silence!!!  It is never easy to learn to open up and to talk about our pasts, but I am hopeful you will see that this is a very safe, non-judgmental place.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Best wishes,
Capulet