Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello everyone!  I'm glad to have found this forum.  I live in a virtual paradise, the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, near 5 world class ski resorts.  3 years ago, this paradise became my hell.  And I chose to report, and just a month ago, put my last attacker (there were 4) behind bars.  I am grateful that I had been on a path of personal growth before it happened.  And after it happened, in the last three years, I have been able to not just be a survivor, but dig deep into myself and become a thriver.  I look forward to meeting some of you and share any wisdom that I have gained on my path.  

Peace, Love, and Strength,

Melissa

21 hours ago, LionessLiving said:

Hello everyone!  I'm glad to have found this forum.  I live in a virtual paradise, the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, near 5 world class ski resorts.  3 years ago, this paradise became my hell.  And I chose to report, and just a month ago, put my last attacker (there were 4) behind bars.  I am grateful that I had been on a path of personal growth before it happened.  And after it happened, in the last three years, I have been able to not just be a survivor, but dig deep into myself and become a thriver.  I look forward to meeting some of you and share any wisdom that I have gained on my path.  

Peace, Love, and Strength,

Melissa

Hi LionessLiving,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for each of your traumas, but you have found a very supportive site. I admire the courage you showed in getting justice. As you certainly know, it was not an easy thing to do. If it were so, there would be so many abusers behind bars. You have great courage. Take your time and look around the site. When you are ready, feel free to jump in. I wish you the very best.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AS Melissa @LionessLiving.  It took a lot of courage to report and glad they are all imprisoned. That's wonderful that you have been able to work on healing and found ways to thrive. This is a good place for additional support and care.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to AS! I am so sorry for what you went through, but it makes me feel happy to hear that you see yourself as not only a survivor, but a thriver as well. I hope AS helps you continue with your healing!