Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introduction

Hey there! You can call me Stuck because I don't give my name out on forums. I'm 22 years old and a survivor of sex trafficking.It happened when I was 17 or 18.  I dealt with it by subconsciously blocking it out of my memory until my plate got too full and am now finally dealing with it. In my free time I like to read, write, play video games, color, watch cartoons, sing, dance etc.... To help me cope and kind of overcome my trauma i love to read books and write. I love to create characters for my novels. One of my favorite books to read that i find really helpful for me is The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk. 

Hi Stuck,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what happened to you as a teen, but you have found a very supportive site. You will find our members understanding and kind. Your safety and privacy does come first, so your pseudonym is quite appropriate. I am glad you found our site and decided to reach out. Take your time and share when you are comfortable. I wish you the very best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:  

Welcome! I'm new as well, as you know from posting in my thread. I'm sorry to hear what has happened. You're very strong. I also like to write as it's a very good outlet. It's great that you have some coping mechanisms. What cartoons do you like?

Edited by Noleavesonthetrees

Welcome to AS @Stuckinthepast, I'm glad you are reaching out for support. This is a caring and understanding community. I hope you find what you're looking for to help you on your healing journey.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome!! I love to write as well. Hopefully we will get to read some of your pieces that make you feel proud!