Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introduction

Hello!  I am new here (obviously :) ) and taking a moment to introduce myself after reading the board rules and guidelines.  I'm a bit overwhelmed but I think that's probably normal.  I chose my screenname for this group with hope that it will be prophetic - that I will in fact find Strength In Numbers here as I continue down the path I started about six months ago.  I look forward to spending time with the group.

Hello @StrengthInNumbers

Welcome to AS!

I am glad you found our group and I DO think there is strength in numbers, I love that screen name! I certainly felt less isolated when I joined this community and I hope you will too!

I do think it is normal to feel somewhat overwhelmed here at first, please take your time, have a look around, and know there is no pressure to post or 'tell all' right away, but as you feel comfortable we are here to listen and support you.

I wish you all the best on your healing path,

g

9 hours ago, StrengthInNumbers said:

Hello!  I am new here (obviously :) ) and taking a moment to introduce myself after reading the board rules and guidelines.  I'm a bit overwhelmed but I think that's probably normal.  I chose my screenname for this group with hope that it will be prophetic - that I will in fact find Strength In Numbers here as I continue down the path I started about six months ago.  I look forward to spending time with the group.

Hi StrengthInNumbers,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you've endured. It is never ok to be hurt by another in this way. Our community is filled with understanding and kind members. Take your time and look around. Jump in when you are comfortable. I wish you nothing but the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome to AS @StrengthInNumbers. There's a lot to the site, take your time looking around and post when you feel safe and comfortable. It can be very helpful and validating to feel part of a group where others understand. Healing has its challenges but you don’t have to face them alone.

• 3 weeks later...