Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I've never done this before

I haven't really shared my story with many people, but I've been learning recently that it can be very powerful. It can be very tricky speaking out and i'm taking it one step at a time. 

As a child, I was molested by my moms ex-boyfriend for 5 years. When I told a friend and she called the police, he was removed from the home and I was too afraid to press charges. When I was 16, a friend of mine sexually assaulted me while he believed I was sleeping. 

These occurrences are a lot deeper than this but there's the basics of it. Im excited to hear from others and listen to their stories. 

Hello, @scarlettpoppy, Welcome to AS! I am so sorry for the trauma you experienced that brought you here. What your morher’s ex & your “friend” did was not ok. 

I have found that telling parts of my story to safe people or here at AS has been very helpful to me ... however not everyone is a safe person.

Please feel like you can take as much time as you need to look around and to feel safe here. No one is going to rush you to tell your story or share any details. As you feel safe, you will find people here to support you. 

Hi scarlettpoppy,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the reasons you find yourself here, but do know you will find tons of support from our community. Our members are truly understanding and kind. It is a big step to reach out to others, so I acknowledge that for you. Take your time and look around the site. Interact when your are ready and comfortable. You are not alone. I wish you the very best as you walk your path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Dear @scarlettpoppy,

I'm so sorry for the painful experiences you suffered as a child and teenager.  It was brave of you to reach out to us and take another step in telling your story.

This is a community full of kind and understanding people.  We are here to help and support each other.  

Blessings to you,

Gold Raindrops

Welcome to AS @scarlettpoppy, telling your story can be empowering. I'm glad you realise it can be tricky speaking out. Take your time and do what feels safe. I hope you find what you're looking for to help you on your healing journey.