Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A little nervous

Hi there, I'm new to this and a little nervous about posting so please forgive my ramblings. 

I recently remembered an incident if sexual assult from a stranger as a child, and 2 from when i was an adult that i had neatly folded away and put in a box. The memories were ignited when confidently was broken and the police rang me wanting to know if i wanted to prosecute one of the men. It has left me with crippling anxiety, panic attacks and very low self esteem. I was a fairly confident person before all this. I would like to be again someday. 

I have been looking for ways to find support outside of therapy as very few people know. 

Thank you for listening to me. You all sound a very supportive group reading various postings over the last couple of days. 

Hello @Gemma23 - 

Hi, and welcome to After Silence!!!  I am sorry to learn of the circumstances under which you've arrived, but I want you to know that although you are nervous and anxious, you've still taken such a tremendous step toward healing by joining our community and by introducing yourself as a survivor.  Good for you!!  This is no small feat - it's a huge step and you should be proud of yourself for having taken it. :)  

Please feel free to 'ramble' as much as you like.  We are all here to do the same thing and to support each other.  

Again, welcome, and if there's ever anything I can do to help, please feel free to give a shout.  Until then, please take your time familiarizing yourself with our many forums.  I hope that being here provides a level of peace and comfort and brings forth eventual healing!

All the best,

Capulet

3 hours ago, Gemma23 said:

Hi there, I'm new to this and a little nervous about posting so please forgive my ramblings. 

I recently remembered an incident if sexual assult from a stranger as a child, and 2 from when i was an adult that i had neatly folded away and put in a box. The memories were ignited when confidently was broken and the police rang me wanting to know if i wanted to prosecute one of the men. It has left me with crippling anxiety, panic attacks and very low self esteem. I was a fairly confident person before all this. I would like to be again someday. 

I have been looking for ways to find support outside of therapy as very few people know. 

Thank you for listening to me. You all sound a very supportive group reading various postings over the last couple of days. 

Hi Gemma,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the reasons you find yourself here, but you will find tons of support. Our members are truly understanding and kind. I think many of us has had that similar box, I know that I did. Sometimes it can only take one thing to trigger you and the box goes all topsy-turvey. Altho it would be nice if we could keep it tucked away, sometimes facing it is the only answer. I know that is difficult. You showed courage reaching out to others who relate and will accept you, validate you, and support you. It is one of many steps that I hope you will be able to take on this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome to AS @Gemma23, sorry to hear you are struggling from resurfaced memories. Hope the anxiety and panic attacks are settling and that you find the support you are looking for