Due to recent upgrades, After Silence will no longer work on Internet Explorer. Please use Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari. ×
New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Greetings

I've been writing and rewriting this all day, so I apologize if it sounds lame. I'm a little tired, and I need to give myself a little push or I'll never do this. 

So, hello! I'm in my early twenties and I can count the number of people I've talked about this with on one hand. It's extremely difficult to not feel like a dark cloud on someone's day whenever I think about talking with someone about it. But I hope I can push past that feeling and get along with you all. :)

Thanks!

@LovelyE Welcome to AS!  I'm sorry for what has brought you here, but happy you are reaching out. I know it can be hard to talk about these things, and I think you will find this place is very understanding and supportive. I think I know what you mean about being concerned about leaving a dark cloud on someone's day, and I think it can feel different in this forum. I hope to see you around. 

Welcome to AS @LovelyE, it's very courageous of you to join and post, given how you feel about talking to people about your trauma. I hope you can feel safe, supported and understood here. 

Hi LovelyE,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you've experienced, but please know that you are supported and validated here. What happened to you was wrong. I know it's hard to find people in real life to talk to and who understand. Please take your time and look around. Once you are comfortable, jump on in. I wish you the very best as you walk this path in healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: