Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Greetings

I've been writing and rewriting this all day, so I apologize if it sounds lame. I'm a little tired, and I need to give myself a little push or I'll never do this. 

So, hello! I'm in my early twenties and I can count the number of people I've talked about this with on one hand. It's extremely difficult to not feel like a dark cloud on someone's day whenever I think about talking with someone about it. But I hope I can push past that feeling and get along with you all. :)

Thanks!

@LovelyE Welcome to AS!  I'm sorry for what has brought you here, but happy you are reaching out. I know it can be hard to talk about these things, and I think you will find this place is very understanding and supportive. I think I know what you mean about being concerned about leaving a dark cloud on someone's day, and I think it can feel different in this forum. I hope to see you around. 

Welcome to AS @LovelyE, it's very courageous of you to join and post, given how you feel about talking to people about your trauma. I hope you can feel safe, supported and understood here. 

Hi LovelyE,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you've experienced, but please know that you are supported and validated here. What happened to you was wrong. I know it's hard to find people in real life to talk to and who understand. Please take your time and look around. Once you are comfortable, jump on in. I wish you the very best as you walk this path in healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: