Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I am new here

Hello, I am having a lot of flashbacks to a specific trauma I suffered years ago. I’m trying to find the best way of dealing with it and how I’m beginning to realise it has affected me. Looking for others who understand and looking to try and understand what happened to me and why and to do deal with the feelings I have around it. Feeling isolated. 

Hi @Free4ever,

Welcome to AS!

I am sorry for the trauma that led you here. I understand how isolating it can be trying to recover from this kind of trauma , and I hope you will feel less alone here, where people understand, validate and support each other. I am sorry to hear about the flashbacks, those can be so debilitating, along with everything else.  I wish you the best as you work through this difficult stuff.

Hello and Welcome to AS @Free4ever! I am sorry for the flashbacks and trauma that have brought you here. You have found a warm, supportive community here. There are many of us that can relate here and you are definitely not alone. I wish you lots of strength as you walk your healing journey! :supportu:

Kind regards,

AKB

@Free4ever Hello, welcome to this very helpful site. I can relate deeply to what you are going through. You are not alone on those feelings from trauma. Sending you good vibes and hope this community helps you on your journey to healing. Send a message anytime, to vent, chat, whatever :)

8 hours ago, Free4ever said:

Hello, I am having a lot of flashbacks to a specific trauma I suffered years ago. I’m trying to find the best way of dealing with it and how I’m beginning to realise it has affected me. Looking for others who understand and looking to try and understand what happened to me and why and to do deal with the feelings I have around it. Feeling isolated. 

Hi Free4ever.

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured, but AS is a very supportive site. We have many understanding and kind members. It's amazing how the effects last much longer than we think they would and that the struggles don't just go away. I found it very helpful to find others who understand and to not feel as so much alone as I did before. I hope you find this here, too. Take your time and look around. I wish you the best as you navigate your path in healing.

Mary

:notalone: