Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I'm new

Just wanted to say hello.  I am new and trying to navigate my way around here. I am a 45 year old survivor of csa. Desperately looking for support from others who have been there and understand.  I am confused by where to post what and also there seems to be alot of really old posts on here so i'm trying to find the more current posts. Also, are these posts all public or private to the group only?  Any advice on finding my way around here? Thanks😊

I new as well, I just signed up yesterday and trying to figure it out as well. I also notice a lot of older post, but I seen we have a blog section on our page to sign up for and think maybe that some more recent stuff. good luck on your journey 

Hi @Warriorgirl1 welcome to As :wave:

Just take your time with things and post wherever you feel is right. It can always be moved if necessary.

The newer posts will show up as recent posts and have a time indicator next to them to show how long ago they were posted.

Have a browse around and see where it takes you. 

Good thoughts and blessings to you x

2 hours ago, Warriorgirl1 said:

Just wanted to say hello.  I am new and trying to navigate my way around here. I am a 45 year old survivor of csa. Desperately looking for support from others who have been there and understand.  I am confused by where to post what and also there seems to be alot of really old posts on here so i'm trying to find the more current posts. Also, are these posts all public or private to the group only?  Any advice on finding my way around here? Thanks😊

Hi Warriorgirl1, and welcome to AS!

I am sorry for the csa you endured. I know you will find support from understanding people here once you find your way around :)

I am going to send you a pm with more information about the site and where to post. In this 'welcome' forum the posts are public, and a few others labeled public,  and also the blogs are public. However most of the forums are private for members only.  The newest posts often appear in the Gathering Place and Aftermath Forums, as they tend to be the most frequently used. 

If you navigate to the Home page, you will see all the forums listed, and then on the right hand column it says 'topics' and those are all the newest posts in each forum, so you can click directly to that post if you are interested in it.

I hope this helps! Feel free to pm me or any member of the Newbie Support Team if you have any other questions!

I wish you the best as you find your way around and settle in here,

g

Edited by silentg

Welcome, @Warriorgirl1 to After Silence. :)  

I'm sure you'll be finding your way around like a pro in no time at all. :)  Aren't our members amazing!?  

Anyway, we're all here to help and I cannot think of anything to add to what has already been suggested, so I'll just be supplying my official welcome into our community.  I'm sorry to learn of the circumstances that have brought you to us, but am hopeful that you'll find that you're among many others who understand this journey.  It can be quite comforting to know you're not alone in this.

Wishing you all the best!
Capulet

Hello and Welcome to AS @Warriorgirl1! I am sorry for the trauma that has brought you here. I really :throb: your choice of name. As you can see from my avatar I'm a big fan of warrior ladies myself! There are many of us that can relate here and you are definitely not alone. Take your time to find your way - there is a lot of information to sort through. I wish you lots of warrior girl courage as you walk your healing journey! :youcanheal:

Kind regards,

AKB

9 hours ago, Warriorgirl1 said:

Hi Warriorgirl,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the childhood trauma you've endured. It was not right or fair to be hurt in this way. The good news is that you have found a supportive site with many understanding member. I know for me, feeling not so alone has been a big help. You got some good advice already, if I had to add...sometimes there are some older posts pinned to the top of a forum. These were deemed to have special interest or information. Under pinned items, the most currently active post will be at the top. That is my little tidbit, hope it helps. I wish you the best on this healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

56 minutes ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi Warriorgirl,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the childhood trauma you've endured. It was not right or fair to be hurt in this way. The good news is that you have found a supportive site with many understanding member. I know for me, feeling not so alone has been a big help. You got some good advice already, if I had to add...sometimes there are some older posts pinned to the top of a forum. These were deemed to have special interest or information. Under pinned items, the most currently active post will be at the top. That is my little tidbit, hope it helps. I wish you the best on this healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Thanks for the welcome and for the helpful information 😊