Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Healing yourself is connected with healing others

Hello, I am new here. My therapist wanted me to join a support group, I think she had person to person support group in mind.

However, when I found this site I just knew this is what I needed. It has taken me over 30 years to finally step up and ask for help. I look forward 

to this journey of healing among peers who understand. One of my favorite quotes "Healing comes when we CHOOSE to walk away from darkness and move toward a Brighter Light" (Dieter Uchtdorf)

Hello, @Hugakeribear, welcome to After Silence. I am so sorry for the trauma that happened to bring you here, but am glad you have found us. I know I have found AS to be a very supportive and safe place to begin to talk about things I never said. It is a brave thing to decide to ask for help & I think it is something that you have to be ready to do for it to have the greatest benefit. 

That is a thought provoking quote ... I think there is some truth to it. Thank you for sharing it. :) 

Welcome, @Hugakeribear to After Silence. :)  We are for sure an extremely supportive community and although I am sorry that trauma led you here, I am glad you have found a safe place among us.  

Wishing you the absolute best in your healing journey - and looking forward to getting to know you further. :)

All the best,

Capulet

Hello and welcome, @Hugakeribear,

I'm glad you found our community and I hope you find the support you are looking for here, we do our best to be validating and friendly. I like your quote. You are not alone in waiting a while to talk about it, sometimes we can't until we are in the right place in life. I wish you the best in your recovery :aswelcomesu::notalone:

Hi, everyone.

I am new here and I am looking for healing after something bad happened to me between the end of January to the end of April of 2017.

I have not been myself since then and it has even been harder for me since it is in the hands of the cops and is not going anywhere.

What should I do?

@Rosebud93 I dealt with my assault for over 30 years, once my attacker did it again and I came forward to the law enforcement it honestly was one of my darkest time. Each day went by I got more scared, the thought off facing the person sent me into panic attacks, luckily he plead, once it was over I thought I would be able to just move on but it just didn't happen so I finally had to find a good therapist and in just a few weeks I feel like things are getting back on track. She recommend a support group, which I found this place, so hopefully that will help you with your journey as well. If for some reason you cannot get therapy,  my therapist had me start with reading books called Courage to Heal and Courage to Heal workbook and we are working through that slowly right now, might be a place for you to start. Good Luck on your journey, my advise is take the time to heal now don't go 30 years without support from experience it does not go away.  

Hi and Welcome to AS @Hugakeribear! I am so glad that you have found a supportive T to help you heal. A strong therapeutic relationship can really support healing from what I've found. I wish you continued strength as you walk your healing journey! :supportu:

Kind regards,

AKB

Hi and Welcome to AS @Rosebud93! I am sorry for the trauma that has brought you here to us. You have found a safe and supportive community here. Take your time to look around and find support. I will send you a private message (PM) about your question and thoughts on how to receive supportive replies in a different forum as this forum is public vs. private like some of the other forums. We are all here to help you find your way. I wish you lots of courage as you walk your healing journey! :youcanheal:

Kind regards,

AKB

On 3/27/2019 at 9:47 AM, Hugakeribear said:

@Rosebud93 I dealt with my assault for over 30 years, once my attacker did it again and I came forward to the law enforcement it honestly was one of my darkest time. Each day went by I got more scared, the thought off facing the person sent me into panic attacks, luckily he plead, once it was over I thought I would be able to just move on but it just didn't happen so I finally had to find a good therapist and in just a few weeks I feel like things are getting back on track. She recommend a support group, which I found this place, so hopefully that will help you with your journey as well. If for some reason you cannot get therapy,  my therapist had me start with reading books called Courage to Heal and Courage to Heal workbook and we are working through that slowly right now, might be a place for you to start. Good Luck on your journey, my advise is take the time to heal now don't go 30 years without support from experience it does not go away.  

Thanks. I will look for those books are try to read them.

I am tired of the cops not listening to me when I say I do not want this to happen to anyone else. But the cops say that they need to get a hold of my ex, but he is not answering the phone.

What should I do?