Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

So happy to have found this forum!

Hello all, I am new here, I found out about this forum in the resources section of a book I just purchased, I Never Called it Rape by Robin Warshaw. The website just jumped out at me as I was flipping through the pages.  I am a survivor of aquantance rape and am on here to talk to, learn and support other survivors.

Looking forward to healing with you all <3

Hi PhoenixRoxanne,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but you will find tons of support here. Our members are understanding and kind. I was not even aware that we were listed in such a book, but happy it is there for those like you to come across it. Take your time and look around. I wish you nothing but the best as you travel down your healing path.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Hi @PhoenixRoxanne - welcome to After Silence!!!  I am sorry to hear of the circumstances under which you've found this amazing site, but am hoping that being here will provide you some peace, comfort and healing.  

I had no idea we were listed in a book - that's very interesting to know.  Maybe I'll see if my local library has it!  We truly are a good bunch and this site is truly dedicated to providing a safe place for all of our cherished members.

It does take a village - so, thank you for all the support you'll be providing to others.  I am sending you all of my best wishes as you embark upon your healing journey.  Looking forward to getting to know you.

Best,
Capulet

Hello, @PhoenixRoxanne.  You have found a very caring and supportive community.  I'm glad you decided to join us.  After Silence is a great place to work on healing from trauma.  The forum is full of helpful information.  I look forward to healing with you, too.  :aswelcomesu:

Hi @PhoenixRoxanne,

:wave: welcome to AS. Like everyone else said while it’s sad how you found us, I too am glad you did find us. This is an amazing site full of strong amazingly brave survivors here to support each other. Glad you are here to work through your trauma and looking forward to seeing you walk your healing journey out with us.  It’s an admirable aditude to come to this site looking not just to get support but also to give it. See you around the forum excited to get to know you better.

BraveOne

Dear @PhoenixRoxanne,

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm so sorry you have a reason to be here, but you have found a safe, supportive and understanding community of survivors.  Take your time exploring the forums and information we have and getting to know individuals on the site.  

Wishing you peace and healing,

Gold Raindrops

Hi. My name is Susanna and this is my first  post. I have found that even though it is really hard to tell me story, I always feel better afterwards so I found AS. I am Kooning forward to being part of the community.

@Susan lipschutz And welcome Susanna, yes it is hard to talk about these things and tell our stories. This is a very supportive and understanding place, and I hope as you feel ready you will use it to get the support you want, by reading, writing and sharing as you like.