Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi and Thanks

I joined recently and am sort of shy.  

Just wanted to say hi and thank you for being here, this site, and I appreciate your support.

I hate to admit that I am a survivor of sexual abuse during most of me my early childhood.  

Angelbee

Hi Angelbee,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the abuse you endured during childhood. It was wrong and so unfair. I'm a bit shy too, so I understand how it takes time to build up the courage for the first post. Please know that you will never be pressured or judged, but it does get easier to read or interact as you go. You are validated and supported at this site. I commend you for reaching out, as it is a very big step to take. I wish you nothing but success on this complicated, but possible healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hey @Angelbee, welcome to AS! Glad you’ve joined us, though I am sorry for the trauma that led you to our site.  I know it’s hard to admit that you’ve been sexually abused I think it’s hard for every member excluding myself, I’ll admit admitting it out loud has been a struggle I continue to deal with. Your really not alone everyone here has been through something. Most of us were shy at first myself included, it’s hard but I know it’s worth it to try and pick yourself back up and heal you can do this.

BraveOne 

Hi @Angelbee, and welcome.

I am sorry for the abuse you endured as a child, that should never happen to a kid. I hope you will find the support here helpful on your journey to recovery. Don't worry about being shy, you are not alone with that either; you can be yourself here and say as much or as little as you want or need to. We are listening.

:notalone:

Hi and Welcome to AS @Angelbee! I am sorry for the childhood trauma that has brought you here. A lot of us here can relate to your experience. You have found a safe, supportive community here. Feel free to look around and share what you'd like to when you feel comfortable doing so. While I am more of an extrovert in that I will talk to pretty much anyone I try to calmly engage the introverts too to ensure that everyone feels a part of the group. You are not alone!  :bighug:

Kind regards,

AKB

Hi Angelbee, just wanted to add to the welcomes to AS.  :wave:

I'm sorry that you feel like you need to be here but you have certainly done the right thing in coming.

I hope its another step down your personal path to healing.

Good thoughts and blessings x

28 minutes ago, HiddenHeart said:

Hi, @Angelbee, welcome to AS. I am also an introvert - though most people do not believe me :) Remember to take as much time as you need to look around and read to feel safe for you. I hope you find this place to be as comforting and safe as I have. 

Thank you HiddenHeart.  I am like that too, people don't know I'm an introvert because I act the opposite.  I've never let anyone see the real me.  

8 hours ago, HiddenHeart said:

I understand that! I have found it takes time & intention to drop that mask. I have found AS to be a safe place to try to do that. 

Yes, and I believe AS is wonderful, with awesome people like you.  Yes, you are right about time and intention.  I'm finding myself more and more slowly becoming the person I want to be, perhaps am but don't yet feel it.  I try to retain a positive attitude, and that help a lot.  

Many lovely wishes to you.

Hi same, same. Adult survivor of childhood abuse that I buried for most of my adult life until now its out there. Glad to see there is so much support out there x

On March 25, 2019 at 11:35 AM, M1l0 said:

Hi same, same. Adult survivor of childhood abuse that I buried for most of my adult life until now its out there. Glad to see there is so much support out there x

Hi M1LO, 

I'm sorry you experienced what you did, but it helps me to know that others also buried childhood trauma.  At first I thought it couldn't have happened because it was so bad, and how can someone forget something so bad.  But I do understand how the brain can protect us so well so that we can function and even be successful in life.  

Sending you support and healing wishes. :hug:

Angel