Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

I found this site by googling and debated on if I wanted to join. Since if I joined, that would be admitting that yes, it really did happen. I'm sort of shaky even posting anything on here, since it's another step to making it 'permanent'. 

I'm sorry if that's not very coherent. I tend to type my train of thought - I can't remember the term for that right at the moment. 

Anyway, hello. I'm not very glad to be here, if that makes sense, but I am glad to have found a place for support and understanding while I work through this. Thank you, everyone who is a part of this site. 

Hi PenguinDance,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have experienced trauma and are going thru struggles. I know what you mean...joining definitely acknowledges how real it was. It is not fair or right, yet reaching out is still a big step. You can take your time looking around and know there is no judgement here. You are not alone. Tho I am not glad this is real for you, I am glad you have found us. I wish you the best on your journey of healing.

BTW...like your user name :penguin: 

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Hi @PenguinDance welcome to AS, glad to have you even though your struggling with the traumatic even that brought you here. Lots of us struggle with if it actually happened and how do we move on with calling it what it was. The truth it happened no matter how we feel we survived and we have to pickup the pieces dust ourselves off and heal in our brokenness.our stories don’t end in those moments but begin again when we decide to get up and try again. I’m happy that you are here looking to start healing it was a brave bold step.

BraveOne 

Hi @PenguinDance, and welcome.

I can understand why joining here makes it feel more real, it's a big deal to wrap your head around that. I preferred denial for a long time. I hope you will find this site a supportive place to heal, as I have, and I wish you the best in your healing.

:notalone:

8 hours ago, PenguinDance said:

I found this site by googling and debated on if I wanted to join. Since if I joined, that would be admitting that yes, it really did happen. I'm sort of shaky even posting anything on here, since it's another step to making it 'permanent'. 

I'm sorry if that's not very coherent. I tend to type my train of thought - I can't remember the term for that right at the moment. 

Anyway, hello. I'm not very glad to be here, if that makes sense, but I am glad to have found a place for support and understanding while I work through this. Thank you, everyone who is a part of this site. 

Hi @PenguinDance welcome!  I had similar thoughts when I joined this site as well, I’m sorry for what brings you here :( I know you’ll find lots of support however, and you are very brave taking this next step to heal <3

xWaterlily

12 hours ago, PenguinDance said:

Dear @PenguinDance,

I'm sorry that you have a reason to be here, but I can assure you you've found a kind and supportive community full of people who understand what you've been through.  

It was courageous of you to join our site and write your first post - sometimes that traumas that we've endured are so severe that they are in fact difficult to even put into words/writing.

I hope that we can bring you support and healing.  Take your time posting as much or a little as makes you comfortable.

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

Hi and Welcome to AS @PenguinDance! I :throb: your username!! I immediately thought like Mary about putting in our dancing penguin emoticon. :P

I am sorry for the realization that by joining you'd have to confront the trauma of your past. It's a really hard and brave thing to have to do. I spent a lot of years repressing what had happened to me in order to simply function and getting to acceptance has been difficult, at best. We are glad that you found us even if it is with mixed feelings that you are here. Take your time to look around and when you're comfortable to share more we will be here.

Kind regards,

AKB

Welcome to AS @PenguinDance, it's very brave of you to join, it sounds difficult and confusing. You've found an understanding and supportive community. Take your time looking around, post when you feel safe and comfortable. 

On 3/17/2019 at 9:47 PM, PenguinDance said:

Hi *waves* I did the same. I googled looking for some sort of help. Not sure if counselling is right for me as I am scared about raising too many demons. The first step is done. Well done for taking the first step with me :)