Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I’ve dealt with this secret for over 25 years. I adored my big cousin soooooo much, he could do no wrong. I always followed behind him. He would say it was a game. I knew it was wrong but played anyway because he was the golden boy and I was the other boy. I am glad I found this site, I saw a counselor last year and she didn’t help at all and it may have adversely any future jobs with my company.

@Goldenboybrokeme Welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry you for the childhood trauma that brought you here, and that a counselor was no help.  This is a friendly supportive community with a variety of people and experiences, and I hope it will bring you support and company when you need it.  It is brave of you to step out with your secret, and step toward another level of healing.

45 minutes ago, Goldenboybrokeme said:

I’ve dealt with this secret for over 25 years. I adored my big cousin soooooo much, he could do no wrong. I always followed behind him. He would say it was a game. I knew it was wrong but played anyway because he was the golden boy and I was the other boy. I am glad I found this site, I saw a counselor last year and she didn’t help at all and it may have adversely any future jobs with my company.

Hi Goldenboybrokeme,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the abuse you experienced by your cousin. Often times abuse will come from those who we trust or admire and it is hard to understand. You will find tons of support here tho, with many understanding members. It is hard to reach out and I am sorry your first attempt reaching out to a counselor was unsuccessful. Here you will find validation and support without the pressure or judgment. Take your time and look around. I wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hello and welcome to AS! I am sorry you were abused by your cousin and your adoration was taken advantage of. I am glad you found our site and hope you will find it a supportive place that helps you sort things out. I am sorry too that seeing a counsellor may have adversely affected your job, that is so unfair. take care and best wishes on your healing path,

g

Hi @Goldenboybrokeme, welcome to AS and I am very sorry you have a reason to be here. I am sorry for the fate you suffered at the hands of an older cousin, it was not your fault at all that lies on him. Sounds like you have had a negative experience with therapy and I am so sorry about that, it probably wasn’t a good fit don’t give up there are good therapists out there it’s important to keep trying. Joining AS was a huge step and I want to point out how brave I think you are for joining us here and reaching out to a community of supportive people who have all been through Similar traumatic life events. You really aren’t alone. Looking forward to seeing you grow and heal will keep an eye out in the forums for you for sure .

BraveOne

Dear @Goldenboybrokeme,

I'm sorry for the suffering you've endured, all the more painful because it was at the hands of someone you trusted.  

I can assure you that there are many kind and supportive people here who understand your experiences and are here to support you.  Take your time to look around at the different forums on our site and post whenever you feel comfortable.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Gold Raindrops

Hi and Welcome to AS @Goldenboybrokeme. I'm sorry for the trauma that brings you here to us. You are not alone here. I'm sorry too that your counselor wasn't helpful to you. You have found a safe and supportive place here. I wish you lots of courage as you walk your healing journey. :youcanheal:

Kind regards,

AKB