Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello! I'm Rach.

I was sexually assaulted last April and have been on the path to recovery ever since. I'm a university student so I've luckily had the support of the school's advocacy program for legal support, counseling for therapy, and the health department for anxiety medication I recently got on.

I'm graduating in May and want to continue being a member of a supportive community, which is how I came across this site. I hope to become acquaintances with you all and give and receive support when needed!

Dear Rach @ExactStudio,

Welcome to After Silence!  

I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but it was brave of you to reach out to us and all the other resources you have since your assault.  Take your time to look around and see all the different forums and threads we have available, and post whenever you feel comfortable.

You'll find many kind people here ready to share and offer support whenever you need it.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Gold Raindrops

Hi Rach,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what happened to you last April, but you will find tons of support here. I am glad that your school was helpful, there are many horror stories as how some schools try to wipe the crime under the rug. I am so glad that did not happen to you. A good support system is always good to have...and you will find that here. Take your time and look around. I wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hello @ExactStudio - welcome to After Silence!!!  I hope you will find that you have found a wonderful community filled with amazingly supportive folks.  I am sorry to learn that your trauma was fairly recent but am glad to hear you are dedicated toward healing and that you've had some support from the people around you.  That is a HUGE step and I'm glad you've taken it.  It looks like you're on the right track. :)

Take good care, and again - welcome!  

- Capulet

Hello Rach,

Welcome to AS! I'm glad you found our site, and that your university has been offering supports, like Mary mentioned that doesn't always happen so I'm glad to hear it and hope things are starting to change for the better in that regard.  I am truly sorry you were assaulted last April, and have reason to be here at all, and I hope that your recovery goes smoothly.

Hi and Welcome to AS Rach! @ExactStudio I am sorry for the trauma that brings you here. I'm glad that you've been able to get help and find your way to graduating soon. That's a huge accomplishment while also beginning to heal - at least we here know that!! You have found a supportive and caring community here. I wish you lots of courage as you walk your healing journey!

Kind regards,

AKB

Welcome to AS @ExactStudio, I'm glad you've had support from the school advocacy program and health department. You've found a supportive and understanding community. Wishing you all the best on your healing journey.