Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi just wanted to say hello 

Recently remembered events that happened many years ago and sent me spiralling into shock anxiety and depression leading to a break down at work 

Hoping some time out from work and support will send me back on the right path for a happier me 

Thanks G 

Hi, @GinaH -

Welcome to After Silence.  I am so sorry to hear of your recent breakdown.  Sometimes things truly become overwhelming and I don't think anyone is completely immune to that spiral you mentioned.  I hope you are proud of yourself for recognizing your needs and for taking the steps to find support.  That's never an easy thing to do - good for you for taking this leap! :)  

I am sad to hear that you've experienced trauma in your past but am hopeful that you'll find an abundance of support here.  Our members are very understanding people and I am sure you will find that you are never alone here.   Please take all the time you need exploring the boards and whenever you are ready, we are all here for you.

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi G,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you recently remembered and the struggles they are causing. No one ever has the right to hurt another like this. The mind is such a complicated thing, isn't it? Many survivors have gaps or missing memories, it's not as uncommon as once thought. I am glad that you have decided to reach out, as many of our member truly understand the struggles you face. You are not alone. Take your time and look around. I wish you the very best as you begin this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

@GinaH welcome!  I'm sorry for what was done to you and what you are going through now. I went into a spiral of shock when I first remembered as well. That is a good description. You have come to a good place to find some support and understanding as you try to feel better. 

Hi and Welcome to AS @GinaH! I am sorry for the trauma that brings you here to us and your recent realization of it. You are not alone. I wish you lots of courage as you walk your healing journey! :supportu:

Kind regards,

AKB

On 3/16/2019 at 12:37 PM, GinaH said:

Hi just wanted to say hello 

Recently remembered events that happened many years ago and sent me spiralling into shock anxiety and depression leading to a break down at work 

Hoping some time out from work and support will send me back on the right path for a happier me 

Thanks G 

Ah yes, the work breakdown. I have had a few of those corkers! Dont be too hard on yourself. Recognize that it happened and understand there is so much help out there for you. Take some time and allow yourself to heal x