Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello everyone and thank you

Hi everyone! I'm so glad to have found this place. 

I'm in a phase of my recovery where I'm struggling. Trying to work on my years of repressed memories. I'm hoping conversing and reading your stories will help me move forward. It will be great to talk to people who 'get it' too.

I look forward to getting to know you all. 

@Citizenerased - Welcome to After Silence.  I'm so sorry to hear you are currently struggling but it is my sincerest hope that being here will help bring you some comfort.  

Looking forward to getting to know you through your posts.  Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself - I hope you recognize what a huge, brave step that was! :) 

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi and Welcome to After Silence (AS) @Citizenerased! I am sorry for what brings you here and that you are struggling. You have found a safe and supportive place to belong.  I wish you lots of courage as you walk your healing journey. I know it can be hard to dig into some of the long repressed memories. :supportu:

Kind regards,

AKB

Hello, @Citizenerased, welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the trauma you experienced that brought you here. I have found AS to be a safe place to talk with others who understand where I’ve been. Take as much time to read as you need to feel safe. When you’re ready, you will find support here. 

8 hours ago, Citizenerased said:

Hi everyone! I'm so glad to have found this place. 

I'm in a phase of my recovery where I'm struggling. Trying to work on my years of repressed memories. I'm hoping conversing and reading your stories will help me move forward. It will be great to talk to people who 'get it' too.

I look forward to getting to know you all. 

Hi Citizenerased,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but do know that you found a place where there is tons of support. The members here are truly understanding and kind. I am sorry you are struggling now, but happy you have reached out. I wish you the very best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi @Citizenerased.

Welcome to AS, though I am sorry you have reason to be here. This is definitely a warm and caring community with lots of memembers that have been through similar things so I am sure you will find out your really not alone and that this is a very safe place to talk about anything without fear of judgment. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums. Keep taking positive brave steps forward one day you’ll look back and see how far you’ve gone.

BraveOne

@Citizenerased welcome! I am new here as well and I wish you peace and courage on your healing journey! I look forward to growing with you.

I know that reading the stories here have already helped me to feel more validated and comfortable with my own story. 

:notalone: