Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey Everyone!

Hi all,

I'm just now coming to terms with the fact that I was assaulted years ago, and I'm grateful to have found a community like this where I can start trying to figure out how to move on from here. Nice to meet everyone :) 

Hi asleep,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what brings you here, but you truly have found a very supportive site. Our members are very kind and understanding. I am very happy you found us, too. It does take courage to reach out to others and it's great feeling to know you aren't alone.  Take your time and look around the site. I wish you the very best as you walk your path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

@asleep welcome and hello!  I'm sorry for the reason you need to be here, but glad you found this place, and I hope to see you around.  :aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AS @asleep, it's very courageous of you to join and reach out. You've found a supportive and understanding community. Take your time looking around and post when you feel comfortable and safe. Sometimes it takes time to come to terms with what happened. Hope you find what you need to help you on your healing journey.

@asleep - hello and welcome to After Silence!  So happy to 'meet' you although I am sorry to hear that you have been affected by trauma.  As others have said already, this is a great site, filled with lots of supportive and kind souls. :)  It is my hope that you will find that you're not alone and that many are walking this very same path.  

Best wishes to you, 
Capulet

Hello and welcome to AS @asleep! I am sorry for what brings you here.

I absolutely love your avatar picture of the cherry blossoms. :flowers:

Hi @asleep,

welcome to AS. I am sorry for the assault that happened to you years ago, though I am glad that you have found this site. Will keep an eye out for you in the forums. Your not alone and there is healing; even if it seems impossible. It was brave to join our community you must be a strong person. 

BraveOne

Welcome! I'm sorry for what brings you here but I'm glad you are in a place where you can receive all of the support you need.

If you ever want to chat you can always message me. Welcome!