Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here - hi!

I’ve just recently started therapy for my sexual abuse stuff (csa from 8-12, sexual assault from my high school boyfriend) and it’s been really hard so far. I have a lot of difficulty telling my story to people, and the only person I’ve ever told (before my therapist) is an ex-partner. Anyhow, I’m hoping this could be the first step in actually getting to talking about this in therapy and healing. 

Hello, @rainbowvalley - welcome to After Silence.

I'm sorry to hear of the trauma you endured as a child and at the hands of your ex-boyfriend.  I will join you though, in hoping that being here is truly good first step toward recovery.  One of the things I like the most about this site is that you can say as little or as much as you like - you take it all at your own pace. :)

Looking forward to getting to know you.  Best of luck on your healing journey!

Best wishes,
Capulet

Sending you a warm welcome @rainbowvalley. I hope you find this place supportive to your healing.  It's a friendly place, and 

as Capulet said you can say as much or as little as you want, and read as much or as little as well.  :notalone:

Dear @rainbowvalley,

I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but it was brave of you to reach out to us.  There are many kind and supportive people who understand and are honored to be part of your healing journey.  Take your time reading and/or posting whenever you feel comfortable.  

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

21 hours ago, rainbowvalley said:

I’ve just recently started therapy for my sexual abuse stuff (csa from 8-12, sexual assault from my high school boyfriend) and it’s been really hard so far. I have a lot of difficulty telling my story to people, and the only person I’ve ever told (before my therapist) is an ex-partner. Anyhow, I’m hoping this could be the first step in actually getting to talking about this in therapy and healing. 

Hi rainbowvalley,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the traumas you've endured, but do know that you have found a very supportive site. Our members are kind and understanding. Go at the pace you are comfortable with, as you will not find any pressure here. Take your time and look around. I wish you the very best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi and welcome @rainbowvalley and welcome to AS. This is a safe place to talk and get support. Sorry for the trauma you have endured as a child and as a teenager. I hope this site helps you open up I know its helped me personally as well as a lot of others. Can't wait to see you around.

BraveOne