Jump to content
Due to recent upgrades, After Silence will no longer work on Internet Explorer. Please use Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari. ×
New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

New Here


TuxedoCat

Recommended Posts

Hello

I am a 35 year old man. I have been in therapy for about 6-7 months now. My therapist suggested I at least join a survivor forum, even if I don't contribute too much. The journey is long, but I'm trying, one step at a time. 

Link to post

Welcome to the forum, @TuxedoCat.  I hope you do find it useful to be a part of a community of other survivors.  I certainly have.  You can post as much or as little as you like, and there is lots of information here as well as support.  Best wishes for your healing journey, and I'm glad you made this step.

Link to post

Hello @TuxedoCat - and welcome to After Silence.  As far as survivor forums go, this is a very supportive place to be.  You can say as little or as much as you need; there's no pressure to participate.  That's one of the things I like the most about this site.  

I wish you all the best as you continue along your healing path!!  Yes, it is a long road, but it does become easier.  You are right - step by step, day by day is the key.

Best wishes,
Capulet

Link to post

Hi and Welcome to AS @TuxedoCat! I'm sorry for what brings you here to us. You have found a supportive and understanding community here. Take some time to look around and find your voice here as you're ready. I really like your name choice! I currently have an all black cat however previously I had a sweet, gray and white (not a true tuxedo) but she was the best cat I've ever had. I wish you lots of courage as you continue to walk your healing journey!  :aswelcomesu:

Kind regards,

AKB

Link to post
2 hours ago, AKB said:

Hi and Welcome to AS @TuxedoCat! I'm sorry for what brings you here to us. You have found a supportive and understanding community here. Take some time to look around and find your voice here as you're ready. I really like your name choice! I currently have an all black cat however previously I had a sweet, gray and white (not a true tuxedo) but she was the best cat I've ever had. I wish you lots of courage as you continue to walk your healing journey!  :aswelcomesu:

Kind regards,

AKB

Thank you. I am an unashamed "crazy cat person". I had a Tuxedo for the longest time. Poor baby lost his fight with diabetes last year. 

Link to post
17 hours ago, TuxedoCat said:

Hello

I am a 35 year old man. I have been in therapy for about 6-7 months now. My therapist suggested I at least join a survivor forum, even if I don't contribute too much. The journey is long, but I'm trying, one step at a time. 

Hi TuxedoCat

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have reason to be here, but you will find this is a very supportive site. Our members are understanding and kind. As others have said, it is ok to take your time and look around. There will never be pressure to join in until you are comfortable doing so. I am glad tho, that your therapist encouraged you join a survivor's group and you choice us. I wish you the very best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Link to post
21 hours ago, TuxedoCat said:

Hello

I am a 35 year old man. I have been in therapy for about 6-7 months now. My therapist suggested I at least join a survivor forum, even if I don't contribute too much. The journey is long, but I'm trying, one step at a time. 

Welcome to AS, sorry you have a reson to be here, though glad you are. Your not alone and your right the journey is very long, sending support and strength your way.

Link to post

Welcome.  I'm new here, too (and love cats), and everyone has been very kind.  I hope you will find being here helpful for your journey of healing.

Link to post
17 hours ago, Aeryn said:

Welcome.  I'm new here, too (and love cats), and everyone has been very kind.  I hope you will find being here helpful for your journey of healing.

Thank you

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...