Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello -- introduction

Aeryn

Thank you for adding me.  My counselor suggested it might be helpful for me to find a support group where there are others who have experienced what I have gone through, so I'm glad to have found this group.  My faith is foundational to who I am and my healing process.  I am a creative person and find expression in various outlets (writing, pottery, cooking, etc), which has helped, though sometimes healing feels as elusive as the Loch Ness Monster.  I also raise Monarch butterflies in a small attempt to help preserve their dwindling populations.  They have taught me much about grace.

Thank you again, and I'm pleased to meet all of you.

Hello @Aeryn!!!  

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm so sorry that you've got reason to be here, but glad your counselor was resourceful enough to send you our way.  This is truly an amazing site filled with incredibly supportive people.  I might be a little biased (LOL) but truly believe that this community is a great place to start when it comes to seeking a safe place.  

We have some things in common - I do love to write although cooking is not my forte. :P  I do also agree that healing sometimes seems so far away, but I know that in time, it's doable.  

Anyway - take your time looking around.  Pleased to meet you, and looking forward to getting to know you better.

Best wishes,
Capulet

Dear @Aeryn,

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but if you are as you say looking for an empathetic support group, you have found it.  

Take your time to look around at the different forums we have here and post when you feel comfortable.  There are many kind and supportive and artistic people like yourself who understand you.

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

Hello @Aeryn

Welcome to AS!  I am glad your counsellor recommended a support group, it really can be helpful to talk to others who will hear, validate and understand what you are going through.

I also enjoy some creative expression, I make collages to express things and have found it a really helpful part of my healing work. I love butterflies and I think it's great that you are helping the Monarchs.  I hope you find what you are looking for here and look forward to seeing you around the boards, best wishes in your healing journey,

g

1 hour ago, Aeryn said:

Thank you for adding me.  My counselor suggested it might be helpful for me to find a support group where there are others who have experienced what I have gone through, so I'm glad to have found this group.  My faith is foundational to who I am and my healing process.  I am a creative person and find expression in various outlets (writing, pottery, cooking, etc), which has helped, though sometimes healing feels as elusive as the Loch Ness Monster.  I also raise Monarch butterflies in a small attempt to help preserve their dwindling populations.  They have taught me much about grace.

Thank you again, and I'm pleased to meet all of you.

Hi Aeryn,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. Our members are understanding and kind. I am glad that your counselor suggested us and you have reached out. It is fascinating and beautiful what you do with the butterflies. Quite a metaphor for what we try to do as survivors, transform into something new and beautiful from the chaos we endured. :) I wish you the very best on this healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Hi Aeryn :wave: Welcome to AS.

This is a safe and understanding place. 

My faith is also at the centre of my healing journey so its good to have you here. :)

I hope you can find the support here to help guide you towards where you want to be.

Good thoughts x 

Hi and Welcome to AS @Aeryn! I love that you are doing your part to help save the Monarchs! Maybe I saw some of them as I was driving cross country this fall in Illinois where we saw hundreds of them on their way south. I'm happy to report I did not find any of them in the grill of our car and I hope that many of them were able to find their way safely southward. :butterfly::butterfly::butterfly:

Hi @Aeryn and welcome to AS. :youcanheal::flowers::butterfly: excited to meet you. I have never met someone that is doing their part to help the monarchs so thank you so much! Looking forward to seeing you around the forums