Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here, and Saying Hello

Hi, all! I am really nervous to post this, but my therapist recommended I find a support group for people that have experienced the same kinds of things that I have. She said it would be very good for me to find people to relate to that can share what has and hasn't worked for them after trying to process their trauma. I am excited to get to know some of you, and thank you for reading this! Any tips you all have on navigating the website or posting would be helpful! :-)

xo

newcomgray :-)

17 minutes ago, newcomgray said:

Hi, all! I am really nervous to post this, but my therapist recommended I find a support group for people that have experienced the same kinds of things that I have. She said it would be very good for me to find people to relate to that can share what has and hasn't worked for them after trying to process their trauma. I am excited to get to know some of you, and thank you for reading this! Any tips you all have on navigating the website or posting would be helpful! :-)

xo

newcomgray :-)

Hi , welcome to as, :) 

Hi newcomgray,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the reason why you are here, but do know this is a very supportive site. Our members are very understanding and kind. I am glad your therapist has recommended us to you. Really, the easiest way to get the hang of the site is to just kinda look around. It may seem big and overwhelming at first, but it gets easier as you go. You will see many can relate to you and you struggles, which is one of the best things about this site. When you are ready, feel free to jump in or start a post of your own. I do wish you the very best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hello newcomgray :hi:

I read more than I post. I've found lots of helpful information to deal with my SA. This is a community of understanding and support. AS has helped me spend less time crying and more time healing. You are in a safe place.

Hi and WELCOME TO <<AS>> I am sorry for the reason's you have to be here, no one should have to go through what you and all the people here have gone through , you found a place of nonjudgmental  , caring  , supportive ,  people ,  wander  around and  you will find someone more then willing to share with you and support you as much as they can

Again so sorry for the trauma  that you were forced to endure  , you can start or continue your healing journey and your road to recovery here without worry , you have found a safe supportive place full of caring people,

WELCOME TO AFTER SILENCE

NOWHERETOTURN

Hi and Welcome to AS @newcomgray! I am sorry for the trauma that brings you here. You have found a supportive and understanding community here. I wish you lots of courage as you walk your healing journey! :aswelcomesu:

Kind regards,

AKB

Welcome to AS @newcomgray, you've found a supportive and understanding community. Take your time looking around the site, post when you feel comfortable and safe. I hope you find what you're looking for to help you on your healing journey