Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Glad to be here

Hi everyone.  I am happy to have found this forum. I’ve been working through my abuse story with my therapist, but I really need to be around others who have also been through this. Looking forward to learning from you and perhaps also sharing some of what i’ve learned along the way. 

Dear @WalledGarden

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry that you have a reason to be here, but there are many kind and supportive members here.  We are a safe and private community.  Take the time to familiarize with the site, read the information here, and then post as you are comfortable.  

Blessings to you,

Gold Raindrops

Hi Walledgarden,

I am glad you found our community, it is a supportive place and I feel the same as you, even if we have a therapist it is good to be among others who understand what it’s like to try and survive and heal from abuse. I wish you the best in your healing!

:notalone:

Hi @WalledGarden, excited to meet you.  I am very sorry for the trauma that youve been working through with your therapist that lead you here, I do hope knowing your not alone is some comfort.  Ive always found AS to be a warm safe place, its full of understanding survivors ready to listen, offer tips (like yourself), that may need a listening ear to vent, ECT ECT. You are free to do everything here at your pace share what and when your comfortable sharing. Looking forward to seeing your healing journey along the way.

BraveOne

Welcome to AS walledgarden. You've found a kind, supportive and understanding community. It's good that you have a T to work with. Take your time looking around, when you feel comfortable and safe, post when you are ready. Wishing you all the best on your healing journey. 

On 2/10/2019 at 3:01 PM, WalledGarden said:

Hi everyone.  I am happy to have found this forum. I’ve been working through my abuse story with my therapist, but I really need to be around others who have also been through this. Looking forward to learning from you and perhaps also sharing some of what i’ve learned along the way. 

Hi WalledGarden,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you've been thru, but do know you have found a very supportive site. You are not alone and supporting and sharing is what we do best. I wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: