Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

jennyj22

Hi Jenny,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the abuse you experienced as a child and I'm sorry it was by someone who should have been protecting you and a friend. You will find tons of support here tho, our members are understanding and kind. Take your time and look around. You will find no pressure here, only validation and support. I am glad that you decided to join our site. I wish you the very best on this path of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hello and welcome to AS!

i am sorry for what you went through as a child, it was so wrong, those were people who should have protected you. I hope you will find the support and validation here from people who understand. Take gentle care of yourself and hope to see you around the forum ! 

:notalone:

Hi @jennyj22 and welcome to AS. Sorry for the trauma and abuse that brought you here, you didn't deserve it.  You are not alone, lots of us survivors have been through similar experiences and while they may be different we can still relate and offer suport.  This is a safe place full of kind and caring people where you can take your time and share at your own pace what ever your comfortable sharing. It took an act of bravery to join and courage to post, we all see it and know it to be true, I cant wait to see you around the forum and watching you heal.

BraveOne

Edited by BraveOne

Welcome to AS Jenny, no child should have to experience what you did. I hope you feel supported and understood here and wishing you all the best on your healing journey.