Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New and Looking for Help

@WanderingandLost Welcome 😊 i'm still new here too but I'm so glad I found AS. I'm sorry for the circumstances that led to you needing to be here but we're all here for you. This is such a good community for help and support and just someone to say "you're ok" "you're not alone".:hug:

Edited by Ghost of me

Welcome, @WanderingandLost!!!  

I am so sorry to learn of the trauma you endured 4 years ago and the impact it is having on your life today. :(  For me it will be 23 years in October.  Yet sometimes it feels like no time has passed at all.  You are not alone!

It is certainly tough to know where to begin - but one of the things I love the most about this site is - you're able to take it all at the speed that is most comfortable.  Take all the time you need to familiarize yourself with our community and when you are ready, we will also be ready. :)

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi Wanderingandlost, A big warm welcome to AS :wave: 

I am still fairly new here too but have found everyone very supportive and understanding. You have taken a big step coming here and now you are hopefully headed on the path to healing. Just take things slowly, one step at a time and know you are not  alone.

Good thoughts and prayers for you,

Sarah x

8 hours ago, WanderingandLost said:

Hi- I'm very new, and don't know where to begin...but I know that I need to be in a community of support. It's been 4 years and I'm just now realizing the impact it has on my life.

Hi WanderingandLost,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what happened to you 4 years ago and the struggles you still face. It was not right or fair. You have found a very supportive site tho, with many understanding members. Take your time and look around. When you are comfortable, we are here for you. I wish you the very best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hey there, welcome to AS! I'm glad you're reaching out. It's so so brave and courageous for you to make this decision to help yourself. i hope you're really proud of yourself, because I am! I'm here if you ever need anything.

Hey there, I’m pretty new here too, but I just want to say welcome and I’m sorry for the trauma that happened to you. When you are ready, these ladies and gentlemen are amazing to talk to. Take your time and post when you are ready. We will be here for you ❤️

Hi and welcome to AS @WanderingandLost! I am happy to see you here, even though I understand how hard it is to reach out for help after trauma happens.  we are happy to welcome you into our community of survivors.  You did a brave thing by joining this site and it took boldness strength and courage to put your first post up, I know that it seems like such a small step but it was huge and is something that I want to point out you are these things and you can heal!

BraveOne

Welcome to AS WanderingandLost, you've found a supportive and understanding community. Hope you find what you are looking for to help you on your healing journey. 

@WanderingandLostWell I read quite a few posts before I actually found the courage to comment anything about what happened to me.

I know how alone you feel. My family knows what my father did to me but basically ignore it because they don't believe me. I knew not to tell about my teacher assaulting me because I wasn't believed before so why would I be now? 

Only I found AS and I got brave enough to actually write what happened. Just a few sentences but still. It helped so much. There's no judgement I've encountered here only support, understanding and encouragement. 

Perhaps writing it out may help you. Whenever you're ready tho. No pressure just safe hugs and understanding:hug: