Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I’m new and not sure what to do

I’ve been trying to find support groups for a while now and someone I know referred me to this. I hope this will help me out and maybe I can get an idea how this site works. 

Hello, @VincentVidel -

Welcome to After Silence!!!  I'm so sorry that you have reason to be here, but am glad someone pointed you into our direction.  You should be receiving a welcome PM from one of our Newbie Support Team members in a little while; they'll make sure to answer any questions you may have about AS and how it all works.  But it's fairly easy.  Take your time, look around, and whenever you are comfortable, we will be here to listen and support you.

Take good care,

Capulet

Hi and welcome to AS , I am so sorry for the reason that you need to be here, healing is a very long road of ups and downs,  You have come to the right place for the healing journey you will find support , caring people , and people that will do what they can to help and support you in your healing process , 

Again i am sorry for the reason you have come here and I am sorry for the reason that the rest of us are here ,   no one shoiuld be put through the trauma that we all have been put through,  Welcome to AfterSilence you are in the right place, all the best in your healing process   

NOWHERETOTURN

Dear @VincentVidel,

Welcome to After Silence.  This is a kind and supportive community and there are many people here who can relate to your pain.  I'm sorry that you have a reason to be here, but it's brave of you to take this step on your healing journey.

Gold Raindrops

19 hours ago, VincentVidel said:

I’ve been trying to find support groups for a while now and someone I know referred me to this. I hope this will help me out and maybe I can get an idea how this site works. 

Hi VincentVidel,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you have reason to be here, but you will find tons of support here at AS. Our members are very understanding and kind...and the best thing is, you are not alone in this. Take your time and look around. It's ok to go at your own pace. I am happy you were referred to our site and that you have reached out. I wish you the very best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

welcome to AS @VincentVidel.  While I am glad that you joined our site I am sorry that you had to endure the trauma that brought you here.  I am glad someone was able to recommend you to us, its good to have safe supportive people in place.  It seems like it was only yesterday when I joined and I can remember how scared I was and how much I didn't want to believe that I was here for the right reasons, something surprising happened i was welcomed and accepted and I felt safe.  My hope is that you have a similar experience here at AS.  I am looking forward to seeing you heal and grow on the forum.  Hope you have a great weekend!