Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Jumping In

Ok, here goes.

I am now 33 years old and last August remembered what happened when I studied abroad 14 years ago. Pretty much thought I had lost my mind. So, now I'm trying to deal with it. I asked my therapist about joining a group, but the only groups available were during my working hours, so I did a little google search and here I am.

Hi Russia,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured 14 years ago and the struggles you now face. You will find tons of support from our understanding and kind members.  Many of understand how complicated our own minds can be. Nothing is fair about the struggles we face, but we must fight on, mustn't we? I am very glad you found us. I wish you the very best as you walk down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi Russia2005,

I am fairly new to AS. Sorry to hear groups are not available to fit your schedule. There is lots of information and support here on AS. Peace and blessings on your journey.

Welcome to AS @Russia2005, you've found a caring, understanding, supportive and non judgemental online community. Take your time looking around, post when you feel comfortable and safe. Hope you find what you are looking for to help you on your healing journey. 

@Russia2005 - welcome to After Silence!  I'm so sorry to hear of the trauma that has led you to us, but am glad you've found a place to gain support as you embark upon your healing journey.  To have others who understand alongside you makes for a far easier time of it. 

I am hopeful that being a part of our community will bring you peace, comfort and healing!

All my best,
- Capulet 

Hi @Russia2005. I'm sorry for the trauma that brings you here. You are not alone. I'm glad you found us and wish you lots of courage for your healing journey. :youcanheal:

On 02/02/2019 at 10:25 PM, Russia2005 said:

Ok, here goes.

I am now 33 years old and last August remembered what happened when I studied abroad 14 years ago. Pretty much thought I had lost my mind. So, now I'm trying to deal with it. I asked my therapist about joining a group, but the only groups available were during my working hours, so I did a little google search and here I am.

Hi welcome to as.