Hi,

I'm Nichole, new to this and honestly finding this page a little comfusing so I hope I use it correctly. Was very reluctant to join a forum but with what I have been going through I decided to give it a go. 

Hope to hear from someone :)

Hello, @Nichole77!!!

Welcome to After Silence!!! :)  I am sorry you have reason to be here, but am glad you decided to give the forums a try.  The people here are absolutely amazing (nope, I'm not biased at all! Hehe!) and you will find no shortage of support here.  Take your time looking around - I know it can be a lot to take in sometimes.  We will be ready to listen whenever you are ready to post - no rush whatsoever! :) 

At some point today, a member of our Newbie Support Team will be sending you a private message - please be sure to ask as much as you like about the site.  Additionally, if you need help with anything, we can be found at the Help Desk (accessible through the main forums page!) and we will help to the best of our ability.  

Again, welcome aboard. :) 

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi @Nichole77,

Welcome to AS, although I'm sorry for the trauma that led you to us.  I know that there is a lot of information here in the public forum and the rest of the site, it can feel a bit overwhelming sometimes. So far you are using it absolutely correctly and please don't worry too much, the guidelines are meant to keep everyone safe but not to make anyone feel like they are doing things 'wrong'. :)  I'll send you a private message soon  and you can ask any questions you might have about using this site.

I hope you will find our forum a safe place where you can be heard and supported, and I wish you the best in your healing,

g

9 hours ago, Nichole77 said:

Hi,

I'm Nichole, new to this and honestly finding this page a little comfusing so I hope I use it correctly. Was very reluctant to join a forum but with what I have been going through I decided to give it a go. 

Hope to hear from someone :)

Hi Nichole,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the experience you went thru, but you will find this a very supportive site. Our members are very kind and understanding. It takes a lot of courage to reach out, so I'd like to acknowledge you for that. Take your time and ask any question you need to when you are contacted by Silentg above. We want to make sure you feel safe and comfortable in our community. I wish you the very best as you walk this path of healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Welcome to After Silence @Nichole77, it's very brave of you to join and understand how confusing and overwhelming it can be. Take your time looking around and post when you feel comfortable and safe. Wishing you all the best on your healing journey. 

Dear @Nichole77,

Welcome to After Silence.  I am happy you took the brave step of reaching out to us.  When I first joined, I was so apprehensive it took me months to create an account and then more months to post anything.  It will naturally take some time to get to know our community and feel comfortable.  Feel free to reach out to any of us if you need help navigating the site or just anything at all.  I think you'll find you've found a loving and safe place. 

Blessings and healing to you,

Gold Raindrops

Hi Nichole welcome to AS,  glad you found our site, you are not alone here.

Patricia 

Hello, @Nicole777. Welcome to AS.

I remember feeling entirely overwhelmed with the sheer number of posts & the amount of information I didn’t know when I first joined. Take your time as you begin to look around & read or post as you feel comfortable. :flowers:

Welcome, Nichole! You really have found a very calming and comforting place. Some of this really can be trial and error at times. What totally works for one may not do anything at all for another. My hope is that you take the time exploring everything the site has to offer and find some sincere solace within your own journey.

:luck:

Thank you all so much for your warm welcomes, it has been hard. All the trauma and how the police handled it. 

I want to share but when the story is so long, I wonder how I can write it again.

@Nichole77 hello xxx we are a lovely crowd and will understand anything you have to say.

I posted my story on here and it helped a lot to share.

Anyway, welcome again :dance: