Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone,

Just want to say hello and that I'm grateful to have found a safe place to talk to others who can understand :) . Browsing around the site it seems everyone is very supportive here and Survivors can feel free to discuss all the thoughts that we may not otherwise feel comfortable expressing out loud. 

Hi, @Sleeping@Last - welcome to After Silence!!!  I am sorry for the traumatic experiences you have had that have led you here, but I'm glad you are with us.  This is truly a great place to be and the support is in constant supply. :)  I also have to admit there is great appeal in being able to take things at our own pace here - please take all the time you need to look around and when you are comfortable posting, we will all be ready to listen. :)

Take good care and again - welcome aboard.

- Capulet

11 hours ago, Sleeping@Last said:

Hi Everyone,

Just want to say hello and that I'm grateful to have found a safe place to talk to others who can understand :) . Browsing around the site it seems everyone is very supportive here and Survivors can feel free to discuss all the thoughts that we may not otherwise feel comfortable expressing out loud. 

Hi Sleeping@Last! Welcome to AS.  It is a wonderful, safe place to talk about anything we need to share and be heard and supported.  It's true that there are not many places we can speak freely about our experiences and be validated and know that others 'get it' . It's been great for me to not feel so isolated, and I hope it helps you as well. I wish you the best in your healing,

g

16 hours ago, Sleeping@Last said:

Hi Everyone,

Hi Sleeping@Last,

I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured, but you will find AS a very supportive site. Your impression is correct, this is a safe place with many understanding members. You will be supported and understood. I am very glad you have found us and decided to reach out. I wish you the very best on your healing path.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi @Sleeping@Last,

Welcome to After Silence. You've found a safe, understanding and supportive community. Take your time looking around and post when you feel ready and safe. I hope you find what you are looking for to help you on your healing journey. 

I am very sorry for what happened to you and brought you here.  I am glad you found and joined After Silence.  Hopefully, you will find the help and support you need for making a timely recovery and thriving in your life.