Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just saying Hi

Hi all, just new here.

Not sure if this is the place for me but I'll see as I go. I'm dealing with experiences that are still confusing and emotional for me.

I'm beginning to reason that it was an abusive time that I experienced even though it was carried out in the name of 'Righteousness' . I am having a difficult time reclaiming my faith because of it but I'm taking small steps.

Hoping to share, help and heal.

Sarah xx

10 hours ago, sarahoknow said:

Hi all, just new here.

Not sure if this is the place for me but I'll see as I go. I'm dealing with experiences that are still confusing and emotional for me.

I'm beginning to reason that it was an abusive time that I experienced even though it was carried out in the name of 'Righteousness' . I am having a difficult time reclaiming my faith because of it but I'm taking small steps.

Hoping to share, help and heal.

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to AS. I am vert sorry for the trauma you have endured, but AS is a very supportive site. Your experience and your struggles will be validated here. You are not alone. Take your time and look around. It is very brave to reach out to others in similar circumstances. I wish you the very best as you walk down your path of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hello and welcome to AS,

Im glad you found our community,  and although it is scary to come to terms with abuse memories, you are not alone. You have already taken some courageous steps by being here. Sending you strength and support as you find your way :)

Thanks silentg. It's difficult after keeping it within for so long to think about letting it out but having people like you there reminds me I'm not alone in what I went through. I'll add you all to my prayers. xx

Edited by sarahoknow