Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Jodisue

Hello my name is Jodi. I am new here. I was referred by the Crisis Text Line last night. I recently have begun to accept and understand what happened to me as a child and how it has affected me in my adult years.  I am sorry other people have experienced the same things, but I am also glad to know that I am no longer alone with it.   

Hi and welcome to AS @Jodisue. Sorry for the trauma that brought you to us, living with that secrete is so hard. It does effect survivors long term. Your strong, it shows in how you reached out for help with the crisis text line and then here that takes bravery and courage, your going to need it during this journey of healing. You have found a safe place full of safe supportive caring people who have been through simalar things. Remember this is your journey your in control go as fast or as slow as you want with sharing were here to listen on the forums. Looking forward to seeing you succeed here.

BraveOne

2 hours ago, Jodisue said:

Hello my name is Jodi. I am new here. I was referred by the Crisis Text Line last night. I recently have begun to accept and understand what happened to me as a child and how it has affected me in my adult years.  I am sorry other people have experienced the same things, but I am also glad to know that I am no longer alone with it.   

Hi Jodi,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the childhood trauma you endured and the struggles you face. AS is a very supportive site tho, with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. I am glad you were referred here and you took the step to join. I do know what you mean tho, it is wonderful not to be alone dealing with your struggles, even tho you are sad to see others deal with similar things. Take your time and when you are ready to take another step, we are here for you. I wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Edited by MeBeMary

Hi and welcome to AS Jodi! You have found a support community here. I wish you lots of courage as you walk your healing journey. 

:aswelcomesu:

Hi Jodi,  welcome to After Silence, this is a supportive and understanding community.  Well done finding the courage to address what happened and wishing you all the best on your healing journey. 

Hi, @Jodisue, welcome to AS. I think the realization that I was not alone - or as abnormal as I had always thought - was one of the things I first realized that made AS such a safe place for me. I am so sorry for the trauma you experienced, but I am glad you were directed to AS. :flowers:

Welcome to AS, @Jodisue!!!

We are pleased to meet you!  I am so sorry to hear that you were led here due to trauma - but am hopeful that you will indeed see you definitely are not alone here.  The people are absolutely wonderful and the level of support you will find here is never-ending - I truly hope that being here brings you peace, comfort and eventual healing.

Take your time looking around and whenever you are ready to jump in, we'll all be ready to listen. :) 

Best wishes,
Capulet