Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi All, I’m new here

D She

Hi,

I signed up and was accepted to AS about a month ago, but I’m just now finding the courage to post an intro. I’ve been afraid talking about what happened and the trauma would make things worse. However,  things have to get worse before they can get better I guess. I’ve tried to bury things down for so long but now I feel I’m ready to start healing and bettering my mental health. 

Thank you all in advance for creating a strong, supportive environment.

~D

Dear D She,

It was brave of you to take this first step of reaching out to us and posting.  I was just like you in the beginning - too afraid to make an account for months and then afraid of posting for even longer.  

After being here over a year now, I can assure you of this - you have found a kind, nonjudgmental, caring community of people who accept you as you are.  We are all here to help each other on our healing journey.  Take your time looking around the forums and feeling comfortable and meeting some of the individuals who post.

Best wishes in your healing journey, :)

Welcome,

Gold Raindrops

Hi @D She

i am a newish member and I think you will find you signed up. At first I was all over the place and didn’t know what I was doing but I have got into it now. There are so many people here to support you but you will probably find a small number number you gravitate too. At least I have. They are the ones you will bond with and who will help you most as you tell your story xx

Welcome to After Silence. You are very courageous to join and reach out. Going through trauma is painful and can feel isolating but you've found a kind,  supportive and understanding place.

Take your time looking around and post when you feel safe and comfortable. It does get better with time. Wishing you all the best on your healing journey. 

Welcome @D She to AS! I am sorry for the trauma that has brought you here. Wishing you lots of courage as you walk your healing journey with us. You are not alone.

:aswelcomesu:

Welcome, @D She -

One of the things I love the most about our community is that we, as members, are free to discover the benefits of After Silence at our own pace.  I'm glad you've been looking around a little beforehand, there's nothing wrong with that at all!  

Thank you for introducing yourself - that was indeed a big step and one you can certainly be proud of!  You are definitely not alone in your healing journey - there are many, many others who may be able to relate.  I hope being here brings you eventual peace, comfort and healing. :)

Again, welcome.  

Best wishes,
Capulet

hi @D She and welcome to the AS family even if youve been here for about a month now. I agree with others it was a brave thing joining us and taking that first leap of faith and posting. I remember when I joined how scared I was, your really not alone. AS is a safe place to begin the healing process. We are here to listen and offer empathy kindness love and understanding, As Well as a place where you can do the same with others and really learn to walk out your healing process. Here on AS Ive laughed Ive cried Ive been excited scared happy and a million other things for myself and for others it really is a great community.

Can't want to see you around.

BraveOne