Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I feel so numb even though it’s been almost 3 years. I hate reliving it all and the nightmares and flashbacks still won’t go away. I don’t like opening up to people because I don’t know who I can trust anymore. I want to be happy again and just have it all go away....

Hi @Kristen nicole and welcome to After Silence (AS)! I am sorry about the trauma that has brought you here. Take your time to look around here and share when and if you are comfortable with doing so. You have found a supportive and understanding community here. I wish you lots of courage in your healing journey! 

Kind regards,

AKB

:aswelcomesu:

Welcome to After Silence @Kristen nicole, as AKB said you've found a supportive and understanding community. I hope you find something here that helps. I understand the feeling of wanting it to all go away. There is no magic wand to wish it away but you have started your healing journey. Joining and reaching out here takes a lot of courage and courage is needed to keep stepping forward.

Edited by Kmkz
6 hours ago, Kristen nicole said:

I feel so numb even though it’s been almost 3 years. I hate reliving it all and the nightmares and flashbacks still won’t go away. I don’t like opening up to people because I don’t know who I can trust anymore. I want to be happy again and just have it all go away....

Hi Kristen nicole,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what happened to you 3 years ago, and the struggles you are still facing. It is not right, nor fair! I understanding opening up is very difficult, but it is amazingly brave to reach out here. When and what you decide to share will not be judged and you and your experience is validated. Take your time and look around. When you are ready, we are waiting with tons of support. I wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hello, @Kristen nicole - welcome to After Silence. :)  Wishing you all the luck in the world as you embark upon your healing journey!  Big kudos to you for joining our community - hopefully you will find an enormous amount of support waiting for you when you're ready. :)

Best wishes,
Capulet

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, welcome to AS. I'm sorry you're going through that. I can definitely relate to the trust issues. Just know we're all here to support you if you ever need support or want to talk. Sending you support and safe hugs if that's okay :hug: