Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi brown.deer,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you've endured and any struggles you are still facing. It's never easy to just start opening up and all of us started like you, with a first step. I'm not sure tho, how much we go back the way we were before, but find a new way to move forward. I do wish you the very best on many steps forward.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Welcome to AS brown.deer, it's very difficult to open up to people and it is very brave of you to reach out here. I hope you can feel safe and supported and wish you all the best on your healing journey.

Hi @brown.deer, welcome!

You are very strong for so actively seeking healing.  I know the feeling of wanting things back to the way they were before.  A very wise friend advised me once that you can’t really go back, but you can create a new that is even better than the old, and she’s been right!  I know you will find support and healing here, feel free to reach out if you have any questions :) 

7 hours ago, brown.deer said:

Hi. I don't like opening up to people but I'm here. I want to get better and be able to feel emotions and go back to life like it was before. I see everyone here as so strong and it makes me happy. 

Dear @brown.deer,

It was brave of you to reach out to us - I can assure you that you've found a safe and understanding community in After Silence.  Take your time reading through what is here and getting used to it.  

We're all here to help each other in healing.  

Gold Raindrops

Hello, brown.deer. Welcome to AS. Opening up is hard ... but you have made a great first step by joining & posting an intro. No one will rush you to open up so take as much time as you need to feel comfortable here ... and we are here for you when you are ready.